Friday 27 July 2007

Working Memoir

Title: And That's Not Sarcasm

Inspirations: David Sedaris, Miss New York Has Everything

Outline:
1. High school lunch- Spain
2. Betty discussion volunteering-Alchemist, Frank
3. England->Australia
4. Geovanny, fourth grade continents, ninth grade gray koala, Noozles
5. Shy->Hargraves
6. Reverse culture shock->Franzi, matej, red, billy
7. Month vacation back under->first time not belong
8. Finshed bachelors->cleaned life
9. Master's->a new start, again



The traveler in the family, they call me. The one who is not happy in one place too long, always dreaming of where to go next. Mom blames herself, saying that it all started when I was just a baby. My parents were always going somewhere and taking me on vacation or a long drive for the weekend.

The year came in college when I knew I wanted to do a study abroad despite my fear of traveling alone for the first time. There I was this girl, shy as long as she could remember, socially awkward, and never been out of the country.

Getting my second acceptance letter was a little daunting considering I have this habit of putting off looking at things that may bring bad news. I figure that what I don't know can't hurt me, even though it runs though my head until it's the only thing I can think about.