Sunday 2 December 2007

Entry HUNDRED-TWELVE

Sable Sushi slept with me that entire night and stayed with me until 12pm before she went off exploring. I was out on the porch, very relaxed since Jillian is gone for the week, and I ran into both dormies. Audrey was nice as usual, but Ivette didn't want to talk as usual (and she has her boyfriend shacking up with her at the moment, up here from ANU). Does he really like sex on a pink, flowered doona like a teenager with carebears? I saw her room the one day, and it fits her.

"How's your day been going?" The blond Brasserie worker and I have been talking little bits for a while now, but this is the first time she's asked me this and it made me feel good. Like she cared. Like she wanted to be a friend.

Locked myself out of my room. there have been times where I've feared it but it never happened, but tonight it did. I walked to the security office pumped up and not afraid. First, cop was nice but not overly friendly. Second one was so nice, older, and jolly in a way. He asked my nationality and we talked about how half his relatives went to here and half with to America. I giggled and smiled since I didn't know what to say. He kept smiling, so he must not have thought I didn't want to talk to him and that I was nice.

Ran into Annabelle again. She was much nicer this time and it was she who stopped and back tracked to say hello. It these kind of run-ins that make me want to get to know everyone.

LITTLE PLEASURES There were fireworks for some reason and I was the first one to figure out that if you walked by the blocks, you could see them. Shortly after, all that had followed me to the picnic tables outside the bungies, followed me to the blocks. First a guy joined me and then two girls and two guys. Neither acknowledging me except the first, but all copying me.

Sable didn't come back, so I'm guessing she's gone. I didn't think I'd grow so attached, but I kept checking the porch every hour for her.

BEST FRIEND My so-called best friend didn't email me today after almost (or over?) two weeks of emailing me everyday now that he has free internet access at his mum's house. Am I worried? No. And I disappointed? Very much so.