Wednesday 12 December 2007

Entry HUNDRED-TWENTY-TWO

I giggled, I dreamed, I was surprised.

"So your landing in Newcastle right (CBD sounds wierd when it's Newcastle, it always makes me think Sydney, Newcastles CBD seems a bit pathetic really...in a cute kind of way) , does that mean you know when the buses go and everything.

Yup, that's a baby octopus...I think I've figured out the key, don't get anything that resembles a whole dead animal (I'm guessing if there was a suckling pig on the dinner table you'd have to force it down), stick with things that don't have eyes and heads still attached, and preferably not bones either. It looks like it's going to be a pretty small christmas this year around, just you, me, mum, and (huff) big sis. Hopefully she'll be to preoccupied with the ugly little dog...and we can escape with the car or something...as yet no plans for food have been set out...but I've got a thing for oysters and beer, but probably chuck in some sourt of cakey-puddingish-sweet desserty thing in (there was a fruit pudding in the paper the other day, which'd be cool with cream...I might even find the energy to try make my first mud cake...hmm), and other stuff (I've decided less food is better this year around...usually half of it ends up in the bin, and seeing as big brother and sister in law are spending christmas at the other place and coming for boxing day, they be too stuffed from the day before). Anyway, there'll definitely be a nice selection of chocolatey, unhealthy stuff like always. Hmm tuna maybe...eh, I don't know. Hmm maybe a pile of good chocolates, a summer pudding (that's the fruit thing...seeing a mud cake and chocolate would make you pretty sick), tuna and steamed vegetables (or something), oysters and beer, champagne etc...anyway, looks like christmas is going to be very unchristmassy (so any escape would be easy).

Plan for the day...I'll see if I can enrol for something before the day's out (the one I'm looking at...well, one of the two, is already full, but it offers another way of doing it for professionals it seems, it costs three grand, so I just want to see if that's all worth it). The other one looks like a beginners course (I guess that's not so bad though...seeing I'd definitley be a beginner anyway...it's the printng and graphic design one...at least I think that's what it is...those two things are involved somewhere along the way anyway)...then call house person (I called yesterday but who ever answered didn't talk...I never seem to get a nice simple 'hello what can I do for you' from the other end of the line). Sit down read (Alice through the looking glass), then maybe buy one of the crappy pay-per-view movies on TV (no.23 seems like the least painfull option)...then what ever really.

Well, good thing is it's just the one exam.

I'm sure you'll have the airports completely worked out, tell me what you what you want me do do at my end? (continuing from the top paragraph).

Hmm, so I guess I better get a few polaroid films for the next few weeks (and not let my sister steel it, she just end up using all the film if I do...and then find some way of making it my fault).

Got to avoid eating hot-soggy-weetbix everyday though, it's too special to go the way of tea, and pears. Maybe I should alternate with scrambled eggs or something.

Well, I'll see you on Saturday (just a couple of days till your exam is over).

Bob-bye

Gareth."