Monday 26 May 2008

Entry ?

LITTLE PLEASURES Today got to a great start with walking out of the bungies and running into Mike who was looking back at me, after probably noticing me walking out of my bungie before I noticed him. Wow, run on sentence. Talking was not that easy, because he said he was tired, but it was just lovely walking with him. He went to get coffee and I went to class early. And when he got to class, there were two empty chairs between me and one of his acquaintances. Instead of sitting next to her, he sat next to me and said, "You treat me so well" when I offered to handle his coffee as he dealt with his laptop.

CULTURE Then he poked me and I placed a paper clip on his sleeve and he flipped me off the Aussie way (a backwards peace sign). I giggled.

I'm babying him like I babied Geovanny. Oh no. But at least I know he and I won't be having sex. I don't see Mike doing that with me.

UNI RESIDENTS Once again I said, "Hi, boys" to Arthur and Alex and I again said, "Hi, men" when Arthur pretended to be offended. Alex is the only German I like here and we've been slowly getting to know each other over the past three semesters.

YING & CULTURE In IHRM Elaine didn't sit by me and Ashnita, and instead invited over her Chinese friend. That just goes to show that people of our same backgrounds will always be more important to us. Do I mind? Not really. In a way, but really, it's no big deal because I do the same to her. I just can't stand the Chinese culture and when her and her friend are speaking Cantonese I just need to shut it off. Ugh. There's just something about that language.