Wednesday 28 May 2008

Entry ?

CULTURE "There you go, darling" she said as she handed me over my black, plastic food tray in the Brasserie. She just finished dropping a few chips in the spaghetti sauce, so I giggled, and we joked about how I was giggling at her, which made another guy laugh.

Aussie women aren't so bad if you learn how to deal with them.

UNI RESIDENTS Arthur came by to say that we better not go to Q1 due to the darkness, cloudiness, coldness, and potential ran. I agreed, however, I wasn't too happy with how he insists on visiting instead of just calling. It's creeping me out again, yet again, with how he's always around me and my room. I know he doesn't mean anything bad, but having a 32 virgin is creepy. He stares at everything and came sniffing my tea this time as I backed into my room in horror.

YING we had dinner again, but this time was awkward. I should of learn by now that she's quiet and feisty when some thing's bothering her. This time I didn't get upset when she thought I was deviating when I really wasn't and I have to learn to stay on topic-on-topic and just not deviate when someone is bothered (I didn't realize she was so upset at Ashnita for not working. I need to learn how to identify that). And I don't get hurt at the Asian silence any more either!

Otherwise dinner was a time of politeness; Darryl laughing at my mistake of saying "take-away", a muslim girl hearing my quiet "excuse me," and the weird server knowing I said "thank you" even though I mouthed it.

GREAT PLEASURES/EMAIL I finally read his email and I was surprised at it's length (I think that's the longest he's ever written me) and how sweet it was (see highlighted). Both have been a long time coming.

And it's only been three days, yay! I don't feel as bad about that (handy thing is, I've got some things I can actually write about too).

Yeah I think that's right really. Armidale's not bad, I could live there happily, if I had a reason too...so cold up there though. (I've got a bit of a short temper around these guys though, which is only natural I suppose).

Cooking pancakes right now for some reason (not exactly sure why, I'm not going to eat them...but I just have the urge to cook things...my stomach's got a life of it's own at the moment, so I'm not really in an eating mood...not that that'll stop me I suppose, but I know I'll feel bad if I do). So I'm trying to work out what I can do with a combination of pancakes and steak for dinner...it'll take some imagination.

I've finally managed to get the recruitment agency appointment out of the way, after weeks of trying. I managed to get out there yesterday (had to leave at six in the morning just to spend about half an hour there nodding and hmm-ing like I didn't already know everything they were telling me already (I'll scream if I have to go through that whole proccess again). But I managed to distract myself by staring at her wonky eye throughout the meeting, so I wasn't too bored).

They eat so much meet here...pretty much every meal...they keep complaining when I don't (although I guess there must have been a time when I did pretty much the same if they think it's so unusual for me not to).

Arms are still nice and smooth (I don't know if I told you, but I tore all the hairs out again...why??? I tell myself each time I do it that I'll never do it again, after they start growing back and it becomes so uncomfortable, but I must forget about it every time...?

I haven't had a haircut yet either, I'm going to look like a shaggy dog by the time we meet up.

I don't think I've been this light in ten years (honestly I must have been this heavy back in year 9 or something...and I didn't even try. But winter's coming along, so that's gotta do something...I'll be a sumo wrestler by the time the sun comes out again. 55kg- need to gain weight.

Armidale funnily enough is the NEw England area of Australia...maybe it's kind of like Maine without the water (and a lot smaller). It's kind of like Bathurst weather but it looks like Scotland (according to Dad, I've got no point of reference really, having not been to Scotland). Apparently it was all started out by the Scots, so it makes sense. So the only good thing about Bathurst combined with Scotland and that's pretty much the picture.

Apparently they've got eels in the river around here. I'm going to have to try and catch some soon. Maybe I'll be able to cook it myself and see what you think. Jellied eel, you'll love it trust me. It's kind of out in the middle of nowhere though, even more than Greta...no trains (or buses even), so I'm a little trapped at the moment (not that that's so bad, but I wouldn't want to be out here for too long...god I really do have to get my license one day before I get too old, but then no one'll be driving cars pretty soon, what with the petrol problems and all).

Yeah, it does kind of make sense. But then South America and Africa are in the southern hemisphere. But then how can that compete with USA, Europe, China, and India. Massive amounts of people. I wonder why it worked out that way though? Did every one just decide millions of years ago "hey, let's just go up there and not bother with the stuff down the bottom"? After all, the weather's generally nicer down here (apart from California, Florida, Italy etc...etc).

Back exercises...yeah, I think I should take a leaf out of your book and start with stomach exercise, they seemed to help back in the old days. But I'm sure it's the same with you, it's just so hard to bother for long periods. Maybe one day I'll go back to the gym.

Yep the cinema's closing down, incentive to open my own (but I don't think arty movies are good business around here..or so the closing down would indicate). I've figure that everyone got tired of putting up with her permanent bad moods.

I feel for you. There's nothing worse than not being able to sleep in when you want to.

I'm completely reverting to my child like state...if I hadn't already a long time ago. I've been sticking with fantasy books for the while (and even borrowing picture books from the library)...but I'm sure it'll only be a short time 'till I fell guilty again and revert to more adult tastes (I've already marked out the books I'm going to dissappear from here when I get back to Jesmond in a few days).

I'll have to research those books...Bell Jar, and Edible Women. They sound awfully familiar but I can't place them...more to add to my list. I'm getting through the final Harry Potter at a rate of a few pages a month. I should have fought my way through it by the end of the year. They just got progressively more annoying as the series progressed. Even Ron need a kick up the arse since the goblet of fire.

Why bother changing the currency style, I though it was kind of iconoclastic of America...the green back and everything (and our money looks stupid anyway).

Rarely smiling isn't that bad...I always take the side that it makes the times when you smile so much better, because it doesn't happen so much. He must be a really great guy though.

It's cool that things are comfortable finally, pain in the arse that's it took ages though.

I walked around Singleton the other day, and realised I was right- I would be happy spending much more than a day in the place. I'm going to have to sit down and explain to the two of them here that I'd rather die than spend my life here (and maybe threaten to be a bit more proactive on that point if I do end up here...just kidding). But it does make me feel a bit dissappointed just walking around the place knowing I'm back here. I don't think you'd like it, even if I've been a bit enthusiastic demonising the place over the years.

Yeah I can understand being nervous going to the clubs around there. I guess the ones in Bathurst where like a high school dance in comparison (but then the few I went to in Canberra felt like that too, so matbe it doesn't matter where they are, maybe they're all the same regardless...I don't know, and I've got the feeling I'll never really be to worried about finding out).

Well two groups out of three's not bad...at least you can happily move on from the last one, and never have to go through that again (fingers crossed anyway).

Hey get the mittens and gloves, I'm going to get some gloves and beanies and stuff to add to the collection. Woolen undies- they must exist. I've decided to make the most of winter this time around and get all the nice warm floppy wooly things that I've never had, to wear around the house...I think I might even get some thermals for once (and don't worry, apparently it doesn't really get cold down here, so it'll be weak on my part to...maybe you can just prettend you grew up in Miami...or Death Valley even, I think that'd pass).

I guess it's just those people are the main stream...drink, party etc...same old same old boring. Where as you me and all the other's are alternative, we've got our own tastes...which has to be more interesting, after all even though I get jealous about them, I've never really felt like I'd want to be friends with those people. I've decided it's more about mixing with the people who are right for you, rather than the ones who are 'cool'. I guess they're kind of like the Mariah Carey of the people world, where as you, me etc are all the different things in between, they're pizza hut, where as we're the little woodfire pizza cafe that's not everyone's cup of tea.

I've actually been tempted to have a bath each night before bed, but haven't yet. Maybe tonight. I've been having hot drinks before bed, but I think I've grown used to them, they don't do anything anymore...except wake me up during the night to go to the toilet.

See you,

I'll be good, as long as you are to and don't worry, plenty of reading and movie watching planned.

Gareth.

HR...ergh!