Friday 30 May 2008

Entry ?

YING & DISCOVERED I had brekky with Ying and I must say, that I have to learn how to hide my displeasure somehow. I told her three times that they used to do this brekky deal back in 072 and she didn't listen until the third time, making me think her "uh-huhs" are when she doesn't understand what I said in English. Fair enough. It has to be tough. But I have to learn to hide how disappointed I was that I paid $13 for brekky when said said "it's good" and I found out it was the same old deal they used to offer at Lakeside Grille.

TRAVEL & CULTURE "I'm expecting us to travel," she told me a little too firm. Usually I'm the only being snotty about making sure me and a friend travels, and her she was doing it back to me and I laughed inside. All along she led me to believe she wanted to go to a big city, and turns out her displeasure, blank stares, and silence meant she disagreed. I knew that she was unhappy, but how am I to guess why? I wish I could say how she did it, but I can't explain it in words. She just has a way of being forceful without being forceful. She told me she wants to see the real Australian, but then she doesn't want to spend money, and finally she wants to see nature related things.

So I came up with Noosa and she finally agreed. We're going next week, which is thrilling, and also our first over night experience travelling. Let's see how this goes, because usually I'm not too well behaved. I love new things, but I freak if I don't know what to do and start getting angry-stressed about it.

A step for our friendship maybe?

LITTLE PLEASURES the accommodation lady who somehow knows me smiled and asked how I was and asked if I was graduating when I went to turn in my room form. I felt great knowing that someone who only sees me a few times a semester remembers my name and situation.

And then there was Mike. Neither of us were smiling at first, but then I joked how all chocolate cakes are the same, which started a "nuh-uh" back and forth game. He just smiled the flirty smile and said, "See ya!" loudly when I left.

But the best pleasure today was Ying, surprisingly. We talked on the phone about Noosa when we did the back and forth "bye, bye, bye" with such giggling that neither of us could stop. It was our own, "no, you hang up!" kind of game.