Friday 25 January 2008

Entry HUNDRED-SIXTY-SIX

Even though I planned this all out, I still managed to miss my stop at Cavill Avenue, but later on I would find out that this was a small blessing in disguise in a way.  Walking to the bus station made my stomach sick, but I wasn't nervous, just lonely.  And as I approached the pre-planned route I found an empty bus station and it was quite nice, but it gave me the false hope that I would be one of the very few on the bus.   I was wrong, forgetting that it was a "Sydney" bus that went not only to Byron Bay, but all the way to Sydney as well.  I'm naive a lot of the time, thinking things will be better than they really are going to be.  And also vice versa.  

Waiting for the bus I was the only westerner until just a handful of Aussies and Europeans showed up.  And when the bus came, everyone jumped up, even though who arrived late, leaving me (the second person) to squeeze in somewhere in the top-middle.  

"Whoa, you're burnt!"