Wednesday 8 August 2007

Entry FIFTEEN

AMERICAN HOME Last night I noticed that Jess had posted on a bunch of people's facebook walls, but not mine, which worried me that we were slipping away and that my only stable American relationship would be gone. But just as I was thinking that, literally, I received one from her, which lifted all that worry away. I will still have an American place when I return, thank god, and with my most fun and popular friend as well.

UNI RESIDENTS No Harry Potter book, but a relieving outing in the hot sun to stretch my sleepy legs, and a morning run in to James, who looked a little surprised to see me with my hair down I think.

An unsent portion of an email to Gaz:
"
I'm more relaxed now that my two group projects are over and no more, whatsoever. The presentation wasn't as bad as I thought, seeing as I'm so nervous when it comes to those things, because I know everyone minus two people in that subject. It's not hard when you're with the same people in all of your subjects, literally, and the school of business is small as is."

KNITTING Twenty centimeters so far, with another twenty or so minutes added onto my previous total. My hands ache, but my blanket looks great and so warm so far.

DISCOVERED No why John would invest in firm x and sell product y, I would rather create a room with artsy Polaroids and wall decals, something to inspire me. I would rather knit my blanket with aching hands, hoping that I can either give it to Gareth or someone else I love, while I loop and pull and stretch at the pretty blue yarn. My throat clogs up and jokes and spurts whenever I speak for a long period of time after three months of not talking or being overly social. Starting over is not fun as they make it seem in movies and books, and now I know how much it hurts when someone says they don't know anyone in their new home. Sneezes, and I hope that means Bear read my email with a smile.

UNI CLASSWORK Tired eyes want to keep closing and my brain aches as I try to choke down fiber. Don't want to fail and I want to prove to myself that I can excel in the Aussie schooling system.

Revision for Global Business was a little disappointing since Alex and May were nice, but Paco was dictating after a bit and I felt left out. Then I wanted to reach out to the Canadian, but I know she doesn't hold stuff like that, so we'll be fine. Why didn't I turn around when I heard her hang up on the mobile?

CULTURE Dindin. Dinnerdinner. People are incredibly rude and don't take others into consideration, but I'm just rude back and it never really hurt me. I just can't believe it! After a bunch of people cut in line for desert I decided to come back later to be met by Jesse (the stoned Brasserie worker) who asked, "to go?" exactly as I said, "take-away." The Aussie saying the American word and the American saying the Aussie word. How funny.


DAYS TILL CANBERRA: ten! (ahhhh!)