Thursday 2 August 2007

Entry NINE






Feeling like a little girl
makes me happy
and carefree
even though i don't like when
people mistake my age.



UNI RESIDENTS How can that guy smile? I first saw him my scary first week, before all the Aussies and like were back, and so the brasserie was near empty. He ate my himself, another girl with dark hair and a mean look ate by herself, and I ate by myself. I wanted to walk up to him and say hi, but that's too awkward. For some reason I thought he was American. Wavy hair, glasses, lanky, geeky-ish, and always a smile on his face. What attracted me to him was the fact that he was always alone when I saw him, and yet he smiled. I wanted to be comfortable like that. He serves as a reminder to take this all in with a smile.

I just saw him pass him, slowly walking, with a big smile on his face, as he passed through the Cerum Theatre.

LIFE HERE Slowly I am getting there with almost all of the food personnel here. The women at least. So the short haired, redhead, tom boy that usually works at the Lakeside Grille in the morning? Sometimes she's snarky, can't be bothered if she doesn't know you, and won't go out of her way to say hello or crack a smile. But I've been working on her.

This afternoon I decided to go to the Brasserie for lunch, short, little me behind the tall counter just waiting for one of them to notice me waiting to give my meal card. She noticed, walked over and said, "You're so little, I didn't notice you!" So cute. Then she said, "Thanks, sweets" when I thanked her for my meal ticket.

Stood there and I got the older woman, the newer one, to serve me. She's not bad, but sometimes she can be in a bad mood, but regardless she's not very overly friendly. This time she was and she joked with me, all smiley.

BEST FRIEND where are you?
two sneezes.
two hiccups.
catching 11:11.
so why no email?