Monday 6 August 2007

Entry THIRTEEN

Lucky thirteen I hope.

Woke up around 8:22, the famous one, kind of wanting to touch myself after a sexy daydream and when I tried to orgasm, my insides were raw, so I had to leave it be. What a shame.

Strange thing is, she was not on when I signed on, and a few short moments later I check back and she is. I'm ignoring of course, as if I care enough to do anything about. My only concern is why?

Lately I've taken a liking to drawing my arm to my chest in thoughtful thinking or resting just so I can push against my breast. I don't know why, I guess because I was never the kid to really look at her body and to touch.

UNI RESIDENTS Lunch at 10:45 was awkward, so I don't think I'll be staying to wait for my food again. Standing alone, but alone while others were standing alone as if we were trying to find comfort in each others' company while we waited and waited for the pasta to be cooked. I made the mistake, or maybe not, of putting my chocolate mousse on an empty table to look up as a guy was sitting down at the table, to which I had to politely turn around and find an excuse to move away. I was unsure of it I made a mistake, if he had already taken it, or if he was flirting. Either way, it was akward; I never know how to take advances.

Then the girl. I was standing by another table, which was sandwiched between me and a couch, while also held my mousse and water. The girl decided to sit at the couch and it was uncomfortable with me already facing the couch, waiting, and her sitting there. I was there first, so I stood my ground knowing she couldn't have been trying to be rude, but just joining in. Just used to the rude foreigners around here unfortunately; all these cultures mean people have different understandings and meanings of rudeness.

KNITTING Walking back I had a great idea, because I've realized that ideas come when I'm walking outside and not really thinking about anything in particular. Why not use the blue in a long strip, like a really thick scarf, and then when I run out of it, start on brown? That way I have long strips to "knit/sew" together to form a large blanket! So proud of my either creativity or knitting stupidity, but ran into the Norwegian while I was proud of myself with the usual smile and hello exchange we do.

IM/Text/Email Couldn't believe it. Walked in just at 11:11 and found a blue envelope with a "1" staring back at me, hoping it was him, and kind of knowing it was. I was right and this relief just ran over me and I smiled and ran to the library to print it out. It was a lucky thirteen!

My email to him was good, but I didn't put much heart into it after reading his blah one; I much prefer when he writes from his sister's house when he has time. Or maybe he's losing interest, don't know, and I doubt that.

"Hmm, I'll have to think of stuff to have fun with in Canberra- I guess Questacon's a must- have to think of food to (of course), there's a little korean place I've decided to make my occasional lunch place, so cheap and good at the same time (they've got a salmon dish too, but I guess the aim is to get grilled salmon, european style...I might go for a wander to find some, shouldn't be too hard).

He's bringing up Canberra on his own, without me saying anything remotely about it, and it came after "Okay, my jaw just hit the floor. I can't really ask for more (dead prez maybe- that's kind of out of left field isn't it)." I love how he keeps surprising me, considering Dead Prez is rap and he's not one to like anything remote to rap.

UNI CLASSWORK Half an hour early thinking I would have the theater to myself, but instead I was greeted by a mumble from the German. He asked me a pointless question he knew the answer to ten minutes later, why I don't know, and then asked me to watch his notebook (as in "laptop") ten minutes after that. One thing I've learned is how trusting people are with mere students in their subjects to watch their important belongings. Everyone does it. There's the mutual trust.

Joey and I were doing our usual questions back and forth until a Chinese girl walked in and I knew somehow that they knew each other. I find it awkward to talk a few rows in front of me when my voice carries and others can hear anyway. May walked in with her usual serious face and then smile after she said hello, followed by Adriana (that's the other woman who thought I was an Aussie, I found out), and then a loud chatter of just Chinese as the Aussies and Europeans were mostly gone. How do they survive here? Their culture is nothing like the Aussie one and they can't understand half of what happens...

It hurts to think I may never live here again, but only because of Gareth. I'll miss him like nothing else, my only true friend, although he'll still have Sam and that will only piss me off.

IM/Text/Email Joey sent me some texts, which is great considering Gareth supposedly doesn't have money to buy credit. Meh. I hope he's not lying to me, but then why would he- he's the one who texted first.

CULTURE How cute, Australia's getting it's first smartboards. I had those early high school days. God, it's like I'm in a baby country that is so behind and I'm the experienced, smart one who is frustrated with how ignorant they are.




Around 40 minutes of knitting


Around two hours total of knitting


I can't put it down, it lets me think, and I get lost in it.