Tuesday 14 August 2007

Entry TWENTY-ONE

Last night as I was falling asleep, Liz kind of got to me in another way. Although she is 27 and I'm still 22, I shouldn't feel like a failure. I knew she'd get knocked up, just I didn't want her to tell me since we're not friends anymore. What would hurt me more is Gaz getting a girlfriend, and so I know there's worse out there. I also know that I'm still young and I didn't want that route yet. There's still hope for me!

I woke up much later than I wanted, but I wasn't too discouraged, but a bit and knew I would be fine if I kept telling myself that. First thing, as always, I started my computer to life and opened my homepage...to see Gareth's email! Already! So that made my morning and he made me giggle, and I felt much better.

My book, my book finally came and it felt so good to stick my hand in my PO Box and take that slip out, after weeks of strangers seeing that I had no mail to pull out!




UNI CLASSWORK also yesterday, Stephen emailed me with great news that didn't sink in until today as I was freaking out. We only need 13 points (he needs 12) to pass the class! I was trying to figure out how until I found out it's simple: 100 points total. We might've gotten 19/30 on the group work (no one knows for sure), I got 18/25 on my assignment, and the test is worth apparently 45 points (to total 100, duh Jen!). I'm just so glad he was kind enough to email me, that was very nice of him.





ADVICE It can always be worse (example: That guy asked for one section of my notes, I blew him off, and then he ended up getting more than he originally asked for off of me). Be friendly to everyone (example: at the library that Middle Eastern guy I barely know made a great gesture by telling me ahead of time that the printer didn't work).


Germaine Greer- "The essence of pleasure is spontaneity."