Thursday 9 August 2007

Entry SIXTEEN

IM/Text/Email As I was trying to fall asleep last night I realized that I only receive SMSs from boys for once. First Hugh, then Gaz, Joey, Andrew, Steve.... That makes me feel good since I've always been more attracted to male friendships, but found it difficult to get past the awkward "we're just friends" barrier.

UNI RESIDENTS Just as I figured, Paco fucked me over, but I only stayed nine minutes, so I really don't care. In fact, I'm glad he won't get my notes and my time wasn't wasted. But Steve, the Chinese guy? He doesn't even know my real name, he's using me for my notes because he never went to class, and now I'm kind of upset at myself for giving him my course book. Then Shravang, who used to be nice and talkative, is doing it again because...yep, my notes. Boys are using me for my note skills. I'm not desperate enough for friends to be like, "Yes, take them!" because I'm being used and I see it. However, at least Shravang was decent enough to be nice about it and we've talked throughout the semester.

IM/Text/Email I was just not expecting it and it was the best surprise after a frustrating meeting with three iffy guys to sit down in an empty classroom and see his name pop up at me!

  • "How do I remember these things? I think I might have said at one stage that I always remember the pointless stuff, but never the actual important stuff."
  • "Funny, I'm glad and sad that I'm finally away from uni when you tell me how things are going there...?"
  • "Today’s list- return video (try to find the one the guy’s borrowed), Gym, Red Cross thing (on my own now…let’s see what a crazy mess I can cause)
  • "See you in a few days"

GESTURES Anger, anger, anger. I can't believe I was used today and I thought Paco using me was bad, but then it turned to this Steve guy, and now Shravang. These boys better acknowledge me from now on, or I'll be pretty upset. I'll purposely ignore them and so forth, because what can you really do? Not much. Just hope good karma comes back to me.

UNI CLASSWORK Joey arrived early and I was sitting in the back with my laptop, feeling all cool for the first time by finally being brave enough to have it out. We talked until class started, Paco didn't show like I figured, and thankfully Steve did so I could have my coursebook back. All I wanted was my coursebook back, to thank Shravan, and to get maybe a few questions answered. Shravan asked, "Question, Jen?" and that made me smile since he wanted to help. Managed to avoid Shravang by leaving a bit early, something I haven't done here yet, so that also made me feel good, less stressed.

CULTURE It was so funny that I had to stop myself. We were talking about how the blinds stick (the one that closes the blinds) broke and I wanted to say, "Cheap made in China shit," by had to stop since Joey's Chinese. He he he.

GESTURES Dinner. Big flirt. Big, big flirt. James gave me that cheeky, flirty smile of his till I smiled and then said, "There's that smile!" Makes me feel good; I love male attention.




3 Hours and 30 minutes of work
30 cm; 11.8 in