Tuesday 7 August 2007

Entry FOURTEEN


CULTURE
Aussie office workers are unprofessional and you must do most of their work for them. Think for them, basically.

Really sad thinking I may not get a visa to stay, but only because of the loudmouth, although he says himself there's a brain drain. All he said is I would need a sponsor, but there are other ways I'm sure.

IM/Text/Email I was downloading Hot Fuzz when I noticed the blue envelope with a "one", knowing it HAD to be him and it was when I clicked the preview. Although nothing special ran over me. I guess it doesn't when he frequently emails me and since the last email was only so-so.

I miss the cutesy flirting we did when he had internet at his sister's house, and not this public place, quickie stuff, but why am I complaining when he writes back fairly quick?

LIFE HERE Running around printing, emails, buying stamps, picking up my letter, and mailing the letter. Hands shaking for some unknown reason, wondering if I made an ass out of myself for their wrong doing, and getting cheerful goodbyes from the male post office worker and one of the cashiers.

Lately I've been going to pain with gas pains, building up inside of me, causing back pain, and not wanting to release itself. I wish my bathroom wasn't paper thin or else I wouldn't have these problems.

UNI CLASSWORK AND RESIDENTS I was the first arrive with Joey being the second, a very familiar scenario, and then that Chinese girl was the third. Half Chinese and half English for my benefit while talking across the room to Joey, and only their language when they were grouped together. I thought that was awfully polite and yet so rare to find.

Paco, the Canadian with the funky accent, joined us after Joey waved to him, to which he pulled up a chair close to me to start talking about how we have to meet up to study. He's a business man, keeps asking until you can't say no, and so Joey and I both said yes. Thankfully as well, considering that he surprised me with how much he knows and I don't think he's doing it to mooch off us anymore; or at least not as much. I noticed this as well- Joey and I can talk because we've been friendly from the start, but with Paco it's easier even though we don't know each other much because we're both North Americans. It's so hard with a language barrier.

Cheyngi, or some spelling of it, looked back at me again and I wonder if she's thinking what I'm thinking of how our quick friendship ended. But it was so difficult with the culture and language barrier and the fact our class grew, to which she could no longer sit by me. Hopefully I see her next semester though- she was so nice and it's always fun with more people.

The German kept demanding answers from our incredibly nice lecturer and that's when Paco told me the quote below, which made me smile and feel warm inside, even if it's from a Canadian with the whole "nice" stereotype.

I felt odd wanting to say hello to all my subject aquaintances, but I couldn't even smile because Paco kept talking and everyone was in a rush to get in. I want them to become friends and so I was disappointed until Victoria came in by us in the back and said, "Hello, Stranger!" May smiled that big smile when she caught my eye and Andrew helped me and Joey with the blinds, although I wish WE could be closer friends. We're friendly, but we don't totally go out of our way. One day I hope I see him and to strike up a conversation; I regret not really do it that much.

Extra tute was over and everyone was rushing their things together, out, and about while Paco told us that we'll meet Thursday and while Joey and I talked about how we should meet in the morning. I love this idea, I've never had a group study for a final before and so I hope this helps me out muchly. Great things is as well, I don't need to totally pass this final to pass the class and that takes a great lift off my shoulders, even though I will still do the best I can.

Slacked as much as I could to hopefully catch some people and say goodbye, but I was out, and too bad Andrew slacked too much. Ashnita was in front of me, but happened to look behind her, and exclaimed, "Hey!" She's always been very friendly, but not in a "let's hang out after class way", but that's still wonderful. We chatted as usual and that made me feel good being that I'm never too social.

ADVICE Next semester I will sit by those I know to ask about their holidays and talk to those I don't know about the subject.


"People say Americans are rude, but it's the Europeans that are rude."
"Thank you, you've just made my day!"
"Eh, I'm Canadian, you're American, we stick together. We think alike."