Friday 10 August 2007

Entry SEVENTEEN

LIFE HERE Late late late, and I thought I could trust my ability to sleepily reset my alarm an hour later, but instead I woke up at 10am. Not 8am. Slowly got up, checked my email to find none, and walked to the IGA for some weekly small grocery shopping. Ran out of tea! I'm such a fake Aussie, craving tea, and missing it when it's gone. No more shopping on the weekends, including Friday, because it's way too busy. Rush, rush, rush, too many people in the small store and too many people lined up with one cashier, in the way of the door. "It's a bit blurry." "Would you like to see my ID?" as I pulled it out and showed her. "Thanks, doll." No problem, Aussie. I just wish Australia didn't care about signatures when American doesn't. At least she added the doll, because I don't like snarkiness.

Lakeside Grill was empty and Judith was happy to see me...because she wasn't being rushed. She's always happy, but the people here are much happier if they're not surrounded by chaos.
Oh, they'll stop to talk, but only if they're really close to you.

{Seeing the young foreigners here hurts; how they get along and leave facebook messages and travel the world. But I have an Aussie, and a fucking special one, and that's what matters most}

IM/Text/Email "Gareth, gareth, gareth," i mumbled as I walked back, hoping he would knowing from history trends that he usually replies before 11am. In my room, a glance at the screen, and I saw that blue envelope with a "1" staring back at me. It had to be. I smirked, and I slowly moved my mouse over to see "Gareth Thomas." Yep! And he seems happy as well. I put off reading till I ran to the library to print it off first.

Once I returned I checked facebook out of boredom to see what Jess was up to and just as I left..."Jessica has left you a facebook message" appeared in my gmail notifier. How funny? A quick look and I saw she finally admitted to me that she's having trouble with Todd, which makes me think we'll be fine when I get back. I hope so, I need that female friendship since Liz and I are no more. I need that link in America still.

"wow-it seems like you are getting so much done in classes. are you doing anything for vacation? i'm cramming for the lsat, but i think im going to wait to go to law school for at least a year...im kind of burnt out from school-it happens. what else is new? my summer has sucked majorlly-problems with the bf and such:("


BEST FRIEND He seems much happier and I'm glad, because I was getting worried that I did something wrong or I wasn't doing something right once his emails went from fun and flirty to depressing almost. "Hey kiddo!" Kiddo? He's too cute though.

"Oh, and I saw a poster walking to the library- there’s a bunch of football (being rugby) coming up. Canberra Vikings versus someone (I can’t remember. It’s a new provincial competition so I don’t really have a grip of it yet, I know they’re trying out a set of new rules though, so I might be a little lost too when it comes to the rules- I think it might be Ballymore-QLD- now that I think of it). Anyway it’s on here (at Manuka, which isn’t too far away, just a little bus ride) so I might check that out- price, tickets etc- and maybe we’ll be able to get to a rugby game (one day a cricket match). It’s on on the 26th of August, at 2:30 pm. I’ll go around to ticketek later and check out the prices (shouldn’t be any more than 30 dollars, and that’s at the most)."

He must be getting excited about me coming if he's remember me whining about not going to a rugby game and now offering to get us tickets, something I've wanted to do since I first came here. He's even bringing up cricket, which is also something I've wanted to do for a few years now, so it pretty much makes me feel special and good. He cares, he remembers, and he's planning.

"I’ve found another salmon place- it’s a fish and chips place (not a greezy, sleezy kinda one though), you get to choose what fish you want, so you can just get it and walk where ever you want to, which is kind of cool, it’s in a shopping centre so you wouldn’t really want to eat it there."

The detail made me giggle on top of the fact that he's still thinking of me.

"Hmm, I’m sure one of the interviews’ll work out in the end, I just hope if it does, that they give me a bit of time to muck around in the mean time."

I hope so too, because I want to spend my days with you.

"See you soon. I’ll get back to you on the rugby thing if you want, maybe Monday, maybe the weekend..? The guys think the foxtel guy’s going to turn up today, so hopefully when I get back this afternoon It’ll be good news."

"If you want"- of course! So cute how he brings it up again and how he'll try to get back to me on the weekend.



I LOVE YOU, moleskine organizer.