Saturday 18 August 2007

Entry TWENTY-FIVE


64 cm (25 in); 10 hours (fast and slow),
all my pale blue yarn is finished!

















It is still relaxing, but I don't like the feel of the yarn anymore. It rubs, it's rough, and I feel like I'm stretching it too much. Starting the brown was a little difficult to get the casting on down again, but then it was simple again. I love the color, so muted and easy and not blue (which you can get sick of if you see it a lot). And as I was counting 35 stiches, I remember that reading Harry Potter and watching the movies is why I started knitting in the first place. I wanted a Harry scarf! This project was started as a Christmas present for Gaz since he was always complaining about the weather. Will I give it to him? Not sure.



IM/Text/Email

Hey,

Well, today's appointment day to get this tattoo drawn up (I think I've forgotten all my ideas- I don't know how the hell I'm going to explain what's in my head? Iv'e decided to just try empty it, and hope it doesn't cost anything yet!). I'll have to see what they say about being in a swimming pool- probably not allowed so I'll have to delay it for a while....

Lucky for you I can't check out the list you sent on this computer (firewall), probably a good thing for me too I'll start to get big ideas (you can have too much of a good thing).

Fun giving speeches to kids!?! Have you gone mad- speeches fun? I'll get nervious as much as talking to adults (I've just realised I've never really worked with kids in any way what so ever).

You seriously don't know what gourmet means? Usually it just means good ingredients and fancy food (where ever it comes from- ie no fish and chips, vanilla ice-cream (unless it's made with real vanilla beans etc) and so on and so forth).

Eh, don't worry, you probably worked out by now that it's way too hard to get lost in Australia.

And cool, I'll try to make sure I'm at the bus place right on time (maybe I should visit the pub for dinner, and walk from there).

I'll tell you how my day went when you get here.

See you,

Gaz.



INVITES Tonight, in a handful of hours, I will be having a somewhat uncomfortable dinner with Arthur and Stephan, at Stephan's house. I kind of hope others will be there as well to take half of the attention off of me, but I don't think so. Happy I was invited, that I get to do something different, but it's uncomfortable since my fallout (quiet one at least) with Arthur and how I am the youngest by far. My finickiness when it comes to food shouldn't stop me from eating, however.

The dinner was already set up, beautifully in fact. Each corner had two little burners and two mini frying pans, along with a platter of butter cubes. The rest was just covered with capsicum, egg plant, beef, fish, chicken, bacon, onions, and you name it. I loved the idea, something that came from Europe. You sit for hours cooking mini meals and you can eat whatever you like. Even picky eaters would be happy.

Although he continually talked of himself for four hours long, I began to like him. I felt comfortable and I was amazed how he can insult. "I get along with Americans," he told us. Yet he always has to be a know-it-all, a real turn-off. He talked of things beyond me, his experiences, and about the business world. Every time I mentioned something, he turned it to himself.

(CULTURE) He swore big time in front of his six year old daughter. Drank a lot and drove home going over the line. He just grabbed food with his hands. Yes, even "refined" aussies are hicks. Or "easy going" as he says.

He knew I wasn't happy here because my friends aren't up here. Amazing.

Four hours of him talking and on the way home he invited us back again. He kept insisting in fact, that he needed something to talk to now that he'll be on research. My only regret? Not saying at the very end of dinner thank you.

UNI CLASSWORK I have this urge to buy my books for next semester now that I have nothing to do. I have the urge to distract myself and to get a head start, although I was so excited once all the weight was lifted off at the finish of my Global Business final and I realized that was it. No responsibilities for three weeks. Three weeks of carefree fun until another three months of reading and studying!

DISCOVERED just kept walking and I discovered that even the old can look new if you're in a pleasant mood and looking around. I discovered that one bridge on the way to the wetlands actually leads to the island in the middle. A nice hideaway I will have to discover at once I have time.