Sunday 5 August 2007

Entry TWELVE

Woke up late, dreary, just in time to catch the clock at 11:09 and not miss 11:11, although I could only hopefully make a true wish as I was so tired and my brain was not alert yet. How, how, how does my brain wake me up at 11:09 each morning when I sleep in? I love that I'm able to make wishes still, despite sleeping in...and missing rage! I missed all the music videos again.

LIFE HERE The girl and I are bathroom buddies. We seem to go at the same time. We seem to wake up at the same time; me first and then her. I flush the toilet and twenty minutes later she is as well. Although, she wastes so much water and that bothers me and my environment-tree-hugging ways are coming back to me.

I'm taking more showers, conserving more water, eating better food now that the Brasserie is cooking, going for more walks, talking to more people in my subjects, and flossing. The big and little things, I'm changing my habits.

ADVICE "A watched pot never boils." In other words, "Something we wait for with impatient attention seems to take forever."

If you're down, take a walk. That's my advice to myself. It always work when I'm trying to wake up and get the worries of finals off my shoulder. Just walk, wearing a lacy-girly white dress while feeling the breeze and listening to music on your ipod. I was thinking, thinking about how good the sun feels and how much healthier I feel when I walk aimlessly around campus.

CULTURE "You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for."

IM/TEXT/EMAIL I kind of feel bad about Liz, but only because I miss having a close female friendship, although I figure Liz and I were never really on the same page. To her, I was a friend, but not as close as Gareth and I are. She changed once I moved back home and didn't think of me, never called, barely emailed, and thought we were still close. I don't know. I turned on MSN again to give her a chance, not caring either way, and she hasn't messaged me. No biggie, but that makes me want a close female friend. Not her, but another one.

Hours of messing with each other and she messages me while I'm gone and I'm embarrassed to say that I'm glad she did.

Lizbeth says (6:56 PM):
Hi Jen, I know it says you're away nut I just wanted to say hello cause I haven't spoken to you in ages.
jenny renee says (7:12 PM):
hey, how are you? yeah, my computer keeps doing that because i'm getting cross-eyed from studying and keep walking away from it.

She never responded and then was signed off an hour and a half later. Kind of hurt, just a pinge, but I shrugged it off considering I never really want to see her in person considering the awkwardness. And the talks? They're awkward to, as if we're testing each other out. All I can do is try again another time by being signed in first.

Kind of stole another milk crate, but only because I always almost trip over it in the dark, on the way to dinner, next to the laundry hut. Besides, doesn't it make a nice tacky-college-like shelf? I've never done that cheap college deal and it makes me feel good. But in a crafty way.



Just before I went to listen to my ipod I caught 11:11!

Found out Jessica, as in my sister Jessica, asked to come to Australia to see me graduate. Shocked, completely, because we were never close. But I told mom to tell her to start saving her money and then to come live with me a bit before I leave here. Free food and accommodation! I could pick her up in Sydney and she'll have it made.


READING: Bush Oranges
DAYS UNTIL CANBERRA: thirteen