Wednesday 15 August 2007

Entry TWENTY-TWO

I finally got to sleep around 3am only to wake up at 8am, something I did not want, but my body wanted. It yearn for sleep and yet I yearned to study some more. Waking up in a panic, I freaked out thinking I wouldn't be able to study now. I'm just scared I won't be able to get even thirteen points on my exam; I just want to pass. That's all.

I caught the clock at 11:11, but no email so far. What's going on? So I want to cry, but that's also from frustration with this subject and how tired I am with organizational behavior. It's all bullshit and I can't bullshit. But Gaz, I know he's not mad at me or ignoring me, so that's why I want to know what's up. He said he would let me know today, but he hasn't. And so I know it will still be fine, because I'm coming Monday!

Try, try, try, that's what you've got to do. It's the best you can do, but I just don't want to waste my parents' money and I don't want them to be upset with me. I'm really trying to, but I know I can do more, and that upsets me.

UNI CLASSWORK and RESIDENTS "Prices for international flights to Europe vary depending on when you book and with which airline you book. It's a good idea to check every few weeks to find good deals. For convenience, I suggest you fly into London and out of Frankfort, the closest international airport to Strasbourg where our tour finishes. You might consider arriving in London a few days earlier, and do some sightseeing. London is a great place for New Year's Eve."

I arrived early as planned and thankfully Joey found me, to which he sat with me and we chatted. He scared me by saying that good exam essays should be 400 words (according to the internet), but then Nash joined us and said he would be writing three pages total (for four questions, 45 points total). It was easy to talk to Nash, but as always we abruptly ended and he wandered off, while I didn't care. We can only talk about class and once that's over, it's awkward silence and pushing our luck. Whereas with joey it's more of a language barrier and him only half understanding, so it's tougher for me. He wants to ask questions, but it seems difficult because, again, the language deal. Excited Joey found me and I wasn't sitting there alone, because don't we all want to belong?

"Hello, gorgeous!" Victoria smiled at me. I love older, kinder Aussie women. Speaking with her is incredibly easy, not forced, and always worth lots of smiles. We laughed and joked, I felt bad for isolating Joey, and we just let it flow. She was blunt and funny with Canberra. "I'll go to Thailand and you can go to Canberra." "Uh, no!" she replied real quick. She asked who was there with a smirk, which set off a fit of giggles and blushing. I've noticed that the older people know right away that I still have feelings, although I know longer think like that. "Come on, giggler," Victoria said as we entered.

Now my second time doing the exam situation in a large, poorly lit hall, that makes me feel weird because there's too many people and too big of a space. I lucked out not having a partner at my table (because they tend to distract you! or shake the table), nor people in the table behind me. It was nice how things work out as such.

Stephen stopped by and invited me to dinner at his place (aw) and said Arthur is coming as well- at least now we can not be as awkward around each other. So I thought that was nice coming from an "American hater". My first invite beyond Zala inviting me to her party (which I misunderstood).

I believe the exam went well, well enough to pass at least, so I was at peace following Gillian's lead and leaving early.

45 centimeters!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



After my second exam I just go the urge to calm down and relax with a bit of knitting. I ended up knitting 23cm in one go while watching the Family Stone.