Monday 28 July 2008

Entry ?

DREAM First day back at work in Target and Dale is there, but he for some reason doesn't recognize me. I go to call dad who says that he'll go to lunch with me, but even though I know that's him on the phone he denies it. I get angry and smart talk back to him. I can't figure out why he doesn't recognize me or is doing that on purpose.

UNI CLASSWORK Stephen needs power and control. That's why he's so nosy, I get it now. I told Arthur, just him, that he had to watch out for the professional degree since you needed a job for PR as well. Stephen was such an asshole butting in. And now he's taking the information as if he found it out, and he's on a power trip telling others. According to him, an internship=a job. Yeah... So what did the asshole say? "Give up," but I stood my ground and told him, yeah, because why do I care about PR for tax evasion? Aussie Kirsty was staring and I stared right back at her. Can anyone mind their own business in this fucking country?

Just to back peddle a little so I don't get confused in the future, but basically Stephen has been fucking us over the entire semester with his astrological view of finance. Mike went off on his own and got us started to finish our own project without the astrology part, but I ended up doing it all on my own anyway. I not used to that much responsibility. Ever.

So when Stephen went to present, he pushed Arthur out of it (who would be telling the class how the three of us went off on our own and used non-astrology) and spun it so that my money was only made because "I'm good at trading in gold according to my chart." Fucking retard, sorry the immaturity. And what happened? Zala attacked with, "So full of crap." But then it started to sound more like she was attacking our group as a whole, which was bullshit. But I didn't get hurt too much. Toby turned around and said, "I love you" while drawing a heart, like a fun and nice smartass.

When Toby went up there I was laughing so hard that I was crying. How often does that happen to me? "Did you know we could trade gold?....We didn't" in such a deadpan, serious voice. "We saw it, but we thought it was an asian currency." "We traded...10 units at a time. I traded 5,000 units at one point, but Kirsty wanted to kill me. We lost $500."

In HRM Toby was talking to our professor about where he was when major world events occurred, and I was just thinking how Toby is so natural at thinking of what to say and taking the initiative to talk to others. Of course Ashnita wasn't there and Ying was being a baby by hiding in the back away from me, and I was a little lonely without Ash. During the break I shared a lift with a girl who was making happy small talk about how cold it was, and then I ran into a guy who ran into me and we went back and forth with "sorry!" in a joking way.

After HRM I had to meet up with Arthur and Stephen to work on our finance assignment, but instead they were at an MBA seminar to which I met them at for the free pizza. Stephen being a no-it-all said, "You should do it." "Why? Tell me, Stephen, why?" And he spun his bullshit. "Yeah? But why do I care? In the US MBAs are a dime a dozen and you're better with a specialzation." What beautiful words did I hear from him? "You're right." OF COURSE, YOU'RE NOT RIGHT ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I KNOW SOME SHIT, TOO. Alex and company ignored me as they went around me to get their coats, so I purposely didn't move out of their way. But then Selva came up to apologize on the behalf of Zala that morning-- such integrity! And it made me feel so much better. I thanked him and we were just smiling.

Finally we got out of there and I was sitting with Stephen at a picnic bench while we waited for Arthur. Stephen bothers the fuck out of me, such a loudmouth who cheats the system, but he's helped me in the past and he can help me in the near future. He told me hat he wants what's best for me-- that having an Aussie passport will distill less hatred on me overseas (ughh...what about my accent though?) and will allow for cheaper taxes. I call bullshit. But while he's annoying, a know-it-all, and only instills bullshit in my head, he still acts like a protective father. He's like Mary Rose- you hate her, but love her.

Stephen told me over tea, after Art came, that he'll employ me in Malta and I'll get cheaper taxes one day. But what's really relevant about this is that while I was comfortable, he seemed lost without Arthur with us. Like he didn't know how to talk to me for some reason?

All three of us, plus Nokita (his son) went up to work on our assignment, and I'm already acting like Stephen's assistant with me doing all the organizing and fixing, and him thanking me.

After a long day of frustration...

EMAIL & BEST FRIEND it was perfect timing. As I literally walked into the door I saw my blue envelope (from May) and then I saw an email from Gaz being alerted to me. And this is after a semi-shitty day and hiccuping at 5:30, so it made my day. But what makes this special is the fact that he had already emailed me and I hadn't answered yet. So is he bored? Does he miss me? What? And he basically covered some of what he didn't in the last email:

  • He's telling me more about his family
  • He's reminding me even more of my dad ("finally found one of those old fashioned metal desk fans I’ve always wanted- even if the electrics need fixing. It weighs an absolute tone- it’s brilliant")
  • "We’ll have to check the place out, I bet there’ll be an old compass hidden away in there somewhere…" Did he want that, or did I? I think I did. WOW, he remembers more than I do!
  • "like a French silk pie"...again, him remembering the littlest of things
  • "They made a pumpkin pie as well (grammar they call it), but I’m still not too fond of them (it always seems to be connected to sickness…urgh)." Poor Bear, all because I made him one in Bathurst.
  • "I can pick up my next money envelope on Friday. I’m being good, I’ve only spent fifteen dollars so far (If I save up enough I might even be able to run away- How much does it cost to get to America at the moment? Just out of curiosity)."
  • "Excited about coming down! Such a bad liar." Huh, about me saying I was excited to come down?
  • It seems like he wrote this over a long time period.
  • "And that was my exciting day." Does he want emails more frequently now?
  • "I'll see you in a bit" again.


IM aw, May! My face was actually red and hot because she said some really kind things. And, what, I never IMed Liz this much? And here I am doing it, so far, twice a week? Three times a week? She's so talkative and loveable, like Liz, that it's easy
and it makes up for the loss of Liz.



CALL Then to finish the day Ashnita called to invite me out for coffee at 10pm, but I think it's only because she had no one else to go with. I told her I was too busy (honest) and that was that. Regardless, it was a nice way to top things off.