Friday 4 July 2008

Entry ?


UNI CLASSWORK  Our entrepreneurship lecturer is just...creepy.  And I'm not just saying that because he refuses to remember my name (seriously, eight weeks and you still can't get it even though I repeatedly tell you??).  May and I walked into his room because May is lovely and thought to have him re-check our work since somehow she knew he was full of himself (he didn't even check it correctly the first time).  And what I've learned is that he likes to stare at our chests. He's not a real professor.  And he smells bad with his greasy hair, fake men's vogue clothing, and terrible cologne.  But more importantly, I learned from May how to say, "This is per our email" and how to small talk to someone you're being introduced to.  Little business etiquette techniques.

DISCOVERED  I need to treat May like she's special, since she does it for me, and ask her repeatedly how she is and put my life aside while I talk to her.  

UNI RESIDENTS & LIFE HERE  After the meeting I received a call from Arthur, freaking out thinking something bad happened since he rarely calls.  But when I finally found him, we sat talking for almost an hour before Stephan came to join us- as strange as it is for me, I feel comfortable with those two older guys.  But the reason Art called is that there's a new possibility for me to stay on if I can convince my mom to let me do it.  Bond has teamed up with immigration and is offering a free program for us to get the two year requirement.  And Art found this out by chatting up several people- so talking always helps!

ADVICE  Life is about getting people to do what you want, and then you can get anything.  Give them something first.  Make them happy first, and then they will return the gesture.  

HOLIDAYS  "Jenn!  Jennnn!  Say hi!  Happy 4th of July!"  Said Toby after I caught him pissing on a parked car.  I had no idea it was him after first, but I felt cool shouting, "Happy Independence Day!"