Sunday 20 July 2008

Entry ?

DREAMS I had a dream about Mike and Ash in class. He was was standing or walking some some books to his side, and he smiled. Ash sat next to him. I was wondering how they knew my name? Then I walked down a hall and saw Meatball on the ground with Jess. I was lying with them, remarking how light brown and incredibly fuzzy he was.

(Why am I dreaming about Mike and Ash??).

UNI CLASSWORK Toby, Arthur, and I were studying so to speak. But Toby kept asking questions, and I can't study in groups as is, so I used my dying laptop as an excuse to get out of there. For a little bit at least. I'm just too exhausted to study. He's so easy with talking, but I can't even remember what seemingly random questions he asked. It was about my past at least.

CULTURE It was just fun watching him flirt with another gay. That's the first time I've seen that in person.

On the way way past my dorm a little bit later Toby was pretending to hide when we were passing each other in front of the Bra. "You're supposed to be studying," I joked. "I need energy, Jen!" I'm so much more outgoing this semester!

BEST FRIEND After leaving them I hooked my laptop back up and...found an email from Gaz. Perfect timing! I'm not sure how that works sometimes...

Nothing really much to mention this time. I think we've exhausted the excitement of me coming down to see him now. But there were a few things that stuck out at me. Like, how he mentions the food again and reconfirms it and confirms again that we will be going to his beer place. Or his reaction to me watching a movie I remembered he hated, and I had dragged him to: "You re-watched Elizabethtown! Ouch." (he's using italics!). Kind of reminds me of how little I really did know him then, when he couldn't even tell me straight out that he didn't like the movie afterwards. Not that I hold it against him! And then this:

"Oow, that sounds really good. Where's the hotel in NSW? It would be perfect if that worked out [...]." (I told him I was looking in both Queensland and NSW, but he specifically asked about NSW! He obviously wants me to stay. Now if it's for myself, him, or both of us I don't know.

He finished with his/our usual affirmations. Telling me that he'll let me know how something specific in his life is going, and wishing me luck/etc when it comes to my life. This time it was aimed at a job and PR for me, aw.

UNI RESIDENTS Dinner that night, Mike was there as always. I just said hi and went on with my order, but he asked about finance and if we had anything to do for it. I told him about the quiz and the look on his face was worried. Now I know he's using me, but don't we all use each other time and again? Anyway, he was stalling serving the guy behind me to talk and I said, "take care of this guy first and then I'll tell you," as the guy was smiling at me as Mike and I talked. Whoa, assertive much, Jen? It was all in good fun. Either Mike was stalling as usual for me and being a good friend, or he was worried for himself. I'll never know. Either way, he joked at the end, "Do you think I have time?" "Do you want me to help or not?" and he shrugged a "not me" kind of shrug with a smirk.