Wednesday 23 July 2008

Entry ?

UNI RESIDENTS Ash and Mike. Mike and Ash. So Ash and I had our meeting this morning, and it was easy enough. She praised me for my draft of our paper, but then again her standards aren't that high. I used emailing her the newest version as an excuse to get her gmail address just in case. And then at lunch I saw Mike, naturally. He smiled really big and teased me and wanted to talk. That's what I love about him. He loves to talk, but I don't think it's just to me unfortunately. Either way, it's always a pleasure.

GREAT PLEASURES Later Mike surprised me with his eager knocking, just standing outside my door in his jumper and trackies smiling at me. It completely caught me off guard, but I must confess that I somehow knew this would happen one day. I just did somehow. Now, this may not seem like a big deal, but to me it is simply because I've always wanted us to become better friends and it's slowly happening. Too bad it's happening now, and not over a year ago, back when I had plenty of time at this university.

He had me laughing, just running around and trying to find a way to light his cigarette, so I had to sit down as he did his thing. I find his super-hyperness as exciting, but considering I'm more Holdback than that, I just had to step back. I waited my porch for him and once he had his cigarette lit, he joined me where we started talking easily as always. Non-stop, and never too superficial. Besides Stephen and Arthur at this uni, he's the only other one that really knows anything private about me (Ash recently as well...) and so I feel close to him. Now if he feels close to me, again, I don't know.

"Don't lock me out, Jen!" he teased when I went back to my room to get my jacket. I told him how I'm leaving soon and how sad it is, and he seemed confused, and then he asked when I'm leaving. I can't gauge it. Is he disappointed to lose me? Or just making small talk? I can't remember the details really.

I just have another Gareth on my hands now, which is great. The trick is getting to the same point, because Gaz was much easier. It was just natural for us to keep in touch and for me to come visit. But with Mike...he's too good for me unfortunately.

Earlier in the day....I passed Selva and Arthur, had a chat with them, and then went to my second meeting of the day with Ashnita to see our professor. I just find little run ins as fun. Well, most of the time. On the way back I ran into Ying who chose to be a sore loser with trying to ignore me (not meanly, but awkwardly) and I rolled my eyes as she stupidly moved to the wrong side. We both ignored each other. It was never supposed to be this way, unlike with Liz and Franzi, so this is all Ying's problem for once.

And then the close of the day was an hour visit from Arthur, sitting watching TV, and telling me how Stephen took my tease to a literal sense and will pick me up tomorrow to join them while they do their exam.