Wednesday 9 July 2008

Entry ?

UNI RESIDENTS & CLASSWORK out of bed, got ready, and went upstairs to the fourth floor where I unsurprisingly found Arthur, but surprisingly found Vishen. We were laughing, joking, just having fun. Ying came around and said hi to Vishen, because if he weren't there she wouldn't have done anything other than walked past, but she did ask what room we were in. I stayed with the boys while she went in there, huffed that no one was going in (Ash still hadn't arrived), and stormed off. Meanwhile Ash came and joined us for a chat before we went in for out meeting.

The meeting itself was a lot of fun because Ash and I are just sarcastic with each other and she just gets it. In fact, being with Ying didn't do anything even though I don't care much at all (seeing as I'm fed up with her, not the other way around). She went on ignoring me like a big sook, and I just laughed with Ashnita, who agreed with me about Dave looking at our boobs while talking to us (that's when Ying wanted to talk to me- "shock").

Ying wanted to make sure I knew she was going somewhere, but neither Ash nor I asked her where she was going (in my head I was thinking, "let it slide Ash, let it slide"). And I so-called got back at her when Ash and I were talking about Fiji and I said, "I'll think about it, I want to, but I'll be in Newcastle for a month." "With your "friend?" Ash joked. We may not be close, but she still knows enough about my life for us to talk. And at the same time it probably pissed Ying to hear I was going to see Gaz for a month, and that Ash knew.

Ying left first thankfuly, which left me and Ash and Arthur and Vishen all saying see ya and smiling goodbye.

I went to grab lunch and Milke was there- after our four hour discussion yesterday we weren't awkward at all, and we were nice, but just not chatty that's all. And when Jesse went to serve me at dinner, he was nice to me (because he saw me with Mike yesterday?).

My second meeting was as fun as the first, but not as amusing. We were laughing and it was easy, and it was wonderful how May takes charge since I don't have to feel stupid as she is smarter. And thankfully May didn't mention Ying and Me as an issue, so I was happy about that.


I guess I wish I could put into words what I learned today:
*Ash made a professional cold call to a law firm, asking for the department first, introducing herself, and then our project. She made it so easy.
*May knows what to do and leads straightaway. She just gets projects, but it also helps since she has other assignments to go off of. She thinks about what she's typing instead of just going with her first instinct (like I do).