Thursday 24 July 2008

Entry ?




IM  May IMed me like I hoped, because really, I miss my chats with Liz.  Although my chats with May aren't the same (she believes so much in God, we don't know that much about each other yet, and she's always too busy to stay on long), she still cares about me and it shows. I did what I used to do with Liz (since she's the first real friend I've ever had): encourage her and be happy about it.  I felt great.  And it was so much fun to see the little bubbles pop up in G-chat since I haven't used it yet!

UNI RESIDENTS AND GREAT PLEASURES  Finally getting off campus was a great pleasure, considering I haven't done it since June when we went to Noosa.  Stephen picked me up and I told him how good his haircut looks (I rarely think to compliment people for some odd reason) and we were off in an easy to go ride with easy talk.  Once at his house Arthur just walked in and sat down as if he owns the place, because Aussies are informal (CULTURE).   Their house is your house basically.

LITTLE PLEASURES  Helping the boys do their take-home exam was fun, just because I wanted out of campus for once.  There was no embarrassment like the last three times because I pretty much know Stephen and his house and his family well enough.  That's a little pleasure to get to that point.

Now I try to be patient with Arthur, but it gets to a certain point where you can't take his slowness and lack of focus any more.  He took 5 hours for a 3 hour exam, and we were rushing to get lunch once Stephen drove us back to campus.  I needed to make it there by 2:20pm and Stephen saw they were still serving...and I just made it literally by seconds.  Wow, considering I need my burger every Thursday.  (He cares enough to make sure they're still serving for me).

CHANGE  On the way to the Brasserie I was joking, "ooooh, Stephen!" in a sexy tone and I couldn't stop giggling because I'm never that cheeky.  Where is this personality coming from?

I met back up with them after they went to see Neva at Bond Cafe.  Before Stephen left I said, "And me!" about joining them tomorrow and he just smiled.  "I love this social side of you sweetie" and he kissed my head.  He's right, I'm definitely more happy and social.  

I'm starting to take charge and doing what I want, without worrying about others.  I know I belong. I feel like an alpha-female of sorts.