Monday 14 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-FORTY-FIVE

UNI RESIDENTS (1:50 am) I was just thinking the other day how last semester I went to do my laundry at 4am and met the two guys next door who were still up after partying all night. Then I got sad about how that wouldn't happen again. But it did! Just on a lower level. I re-met Elliot who is nice, funny, but overly powerful with his "me, me, me" stories. I saw him standing there smoking and I wanted to say hi, but he was staring and I was unsure. So he asked exactly what the two boys last semester asked, "What're you up to?" And I answered laundry, the same as last semester, too. And there we were talking for an hour about our lives, non-stop. Unlike the boys, he's 25 and staying in the bungies. I kind of have a crush on him now. And at least I get to talk to him now, and make more friends. Cool friends, too.

LITTLE PLEASURES getting a ham and cheese sandwich, two of them, and the older woman remembering I want take-away.

AMERICAN HOME This is who knows I'm coming home:
  • Jess (I told her)
  • Betty (I told her)
  • Christina (She found out- facebook?)
  • Kenny (I told him)
All are seemingly excited, and Christina teased about a double date (she still thinks Gareth and I are dating, because I never corrected her out of embarassment), and today Jess surprised me with this:


I thought she forgot. And why is this a big deal? Because I won't have any friends in America. Betty and I are rocky, and on top of it she has a boyfriend. Kristen disappeared for some reason. Christina and I haven't seen each other in a year and a half (maybe?). And Kenny's the only one I regularly talk to, but really that's an odd situation. He doesn't have feelings for me, does he? God, I hope not.

LIFE HERE I mean, I will keep in contact with Stephen and Arthur and probably Ying, but what about May? Those four are the only really close people I know here, besides the best of them all (Gareth).