Tuesday 1 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-THIRTY-TWO

I seem to be the helper this semester. I'm helping both Arthur and Ashnita with their projects, but Ash is only doing so because she waited last minute. And it feels good doing so, it really does. But it also feels good because for once I know something that I can pass on (besides with Ying who lacks total common sense in life).

LITTLE PLEASURES We were all there waiting for the class to open, minus the two Germans. It was funny with May and Toby and me all joking together, the South African going "hi, hi, and hi" to us all, with Mike on the ground next to me, and Ash coming up behind us. Just a social, fun, talking family. That's what I like about knowing these people, the small international classes, and the best part of this uni.

DISCOVERED May is so cute. She's my Liz! I just realized that! She makes me feel better. Tells me it's okay. Pinches me. Jokes. Teases. So there is a way to get back what you lost.

I won't discuss the meeting here since it's pointless to discuss how terrible they are. Instead I will discuss what I learned: DO NOT LET YOUR EMOTIONS IN. Yes they fucked you over, but when you finally snap, they'll just think you're a bitch instead of realizing they're the ones to blame.

Afterwards I went to Arthur who is always fun to talk to.
I even helped Ying with her project.
And I picked a gum leaf to show to Arthur and his nice Canadian friend who didn't know you could crush them for the smell.
His Canadian friend said see ya to me. Friendly.
And then Shivang surprised me with a text message saying there was a way I could stay because Bond was offering a job (well, position, and it's not guaranteed).
It made me feel special.

GREAT PLEASURES then Gaz emailed me the day after I emailed him. Although it was short, it was to the point and it made me laugh and blush-- something he hasn't be able to do for months. He also seemed to be in a much better mood, so my email about my old journal entries of us must have done the trick?

{EMAIL}

"Yeah, it seems that way. Put eggs in something and it just makes things so much better.
Everything seems to be made of eggs too, so if someone says 'pfft, no way, spaghetti's
better', well pfft, spaghetti's made of egg so neh!

Well, I guess now I've learned that the page closes if I pull the cord out, so I won't be doing
that anymore...but like I said before, I'll probably just stick to the movies for big things. Got to the movies again after ages yesterday- The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, which was good, and french, and stuff.

Oh, that's another thing that's bugging me too. My music box died on the way to the bus a
while back, so walking is extra boring. It's okay though (it was as cheap as chips, so it didn't
make me too sad...just gave me an excuse to see what happens to mp3 players when you
throw them really hard against the ground), I've decided to pretend I'm unfit and I'm starting
out for the first time, so my bodies sort of having a holiday. I'm sticking to normal people
exercise and gradually getting back up there (but then this is me talking, I'll probably send an
email saying I'm running around Australia next...which has occured to me in crazier
moments).

I think Australians generally have a habit of saying -y on the the end of names. Saves having to bother thinking up an elaborate nickname I guess.

The birds and the spiders any day over these stupid squeeking dogs. But I haven't seen a blue tongue in a long time, and it's starting to get cold here now too, so it'll be a while until the next one.

Piss-weak, it's kind of like saying crummy, pathetic...let's see, like letting off a firecracker expecting a massive explosion, but just getting a little pop.

I got 30 Days of Night Out and I've decided I just don't get vampire movies, it's just a bunch of actors with pointy theeth running around hissing...I need a bit more to relate to.

Well what do you know, the dairies actually come in useful in the end! I wonder what I'll think of mine if I read it years from now...if. I think the things I write down might be a little indeciferable after a while though, they not very descriptive. Maybe I should put a location and date next to each little entry.

Hmm, I seem to go through hugging periods...or more correctly the hugging barrier needs to be broken down all the time, because if it gets the chance it just builds itself right back up again...so annoying!

You know, I think that proves your my friend. I told the psych guy that what I'm really looking for in a friends is being dag and not worrying about what anyone thinks...sounds about right really.

So Liz is to blame! Of course.

Yeah I remember the business with the packing. I didn't notice Liz or Mary though. I remember being amased you keeping everything! The reciepts too!?! But...but...

Ah superbad, still among the small list of good movies I've seen this year (even if it was on dvd).

And now I'm of to watch Into the Wild, by you favourite actor Sean Penn...I've been meaning to watch it for a while now, I missed out at the movies (probably watching something better) so here's hoping it's worth the wait.

See you, and have a good night.

Gareth

PS I'll be checking out a place tomorrow night. I'll let you know how crap it is!

Hmm, 21 steps interesting. This will require my full attention. Hopefully I'll be in a good mood for it when I get back tomorrow (or alternatively it can chear me up if I'm not!). Sounds hard to write though. And, yeah, I guess I should really get onto stumbledupon now I've got this internet."