Thursday 3 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-THIRTY-FOUR

  • Elaine found me in the Bra despite me faking not seeing them, so I had to snub her
  • Therefore, I didn't know they were in the library and, no, I didn't apologise
  • They were silent at first and I didn't care
  • Then they were lively, either fake or real
  • Finally, they walked out together with me in the back and then I saw Arthur
  • I wonder if they noticed I left while they were still walking out?

"Thursday was the worst day I've had since my first semester (that was back in May when I was crying after a presentation where they embarrassed me in front of the entire class). After Thurs was all over I was just that mentally and physically exhausted after all the bad things over the day added all together.

But from the start, it was good. It was my last International Trade tutorial and I went out answering the majority of the questions, which is an accomplishment for me considering that a superiorly intelligent German is in there. I even went up to the board again to write out a problem after my Malaysian friend, May, pushed me to do so, after which they clapped again. But then the snippet of badness started. Two days prior the Fijian girl, Ashnita, asked me to stay after to help her with her stats project she stupidly waited the week of to do. I didn't mind even though a few others told me I was being too nice by offering my valuable time to someone just using me because they are lazy. So when I went to help her she actually snapped at me, "So what are you going to show me?" as if it was my job. May was sitting there and snapped back, "If you do your workshops you would know." Ashnita left class then, thankfully.

May's sort of like Liz. She's very, um, motherly. She knows I hate my marketing group with the utmost of passion, so she walked with me to the sushi place and offered to get me some, which I declined. That was the only good thing out of the day. After that, it started back up again when I went to the Bra to get my lunch and I ran into my group and had to tell them I'd meet them over there. I told told Ying I'd meet them at the library (again) so they took me as snubbing them, which was true in a way. I can't eat eat around people I don't know well enough. It completely freaks me out for some reason and so I eat really slowly, and they take it to be that I'm a slow eater, even though really I'm just trying not to make a fool out of myself. That and I didn't want to have to deal with them longer than I had to.

Then once I finished eating and went there I didn't see them at first and so I waited outside. Long story short they were in there, and no one was talking, and nor did I care. I'd given up on caring. I've lost my patience with them and I'm no longer the nice, happy-go-lucky Jen. I'm not mean, but at the same time I'm not my cheerful self, so I think they're taking it as me being mean. (Which means thankfully after Monday comes I won't have to see neither of them any more, but I will have to see Ying in my HRM class next semester). During it they did loosen up, I sort of did as well, but afterwards I was lagging behind, saw Arthur, and went to him while they had no idea I had disappeared.

Why I'm bothering to write all that unhappiness I don't know, but I guess it makes me feel better telling you what's going on. You know, sort of like getting it out and now it's better. So thanks for reading that. Bear, if only you were here to see the craziness of group work at this place! You wouldn't believe it. People are so lazy and touchy on top of it. Actually if you were here I'd probably poke your nose to make myself feel better, but then again you wouldn't like that."

It was also a nice surprise in the library hearing, "Jen" from Jillian and Stephen getting close behind me to have a private talk. I like associations.