Sunday 27 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-FIFTY

trytyrrtyert

Hiya,

Okay, I'm still alive. I've found a little haven in the TAFE library which'll have to be my contact to the outside world for a while (looks like I can't use the university library for a while...well, not until I get a library print out from the Maitland library so that they can check out how bad my records are. After they see that, they'll probably decide not to risk it!). It’s not so bad really, just a little bus ride away, which is three dollars, so I’ll have to be careful with my money for now.

I’m slowly settling in, although I haven’t really gotten much done in the past week and a bit. It’s at that point where everything takes heaps of effort to organise and plan and get out of the way. So I guess I’m going to give myself little task to get done each day. This is the job for the day- emails, library books, mail mum’s key card back (I accidentally took it with me last week…yes it was a complete accident), rent a few videos for the next few days, wash clothes. That should just about do it for today.

I’ll get the Centrelink stuff out of the way tomorrow, that and sending my resume around. And I guess check out some job pages.

It’s taking a while to get along with the others in the house. A couple of the girls don’t really talk, I get along with one of them well though (at least we talk a bit when we’re in the kitchen…Ah, the kitchen, it doesn’t matter where I go, it always turns out to be the place to break down the first social barriers). I’m getting there really slowly with the guys to (there are seven people in the house, including me). I just know that by the time it feels like we’ve worked each other out, I’ll be moving on. Oh well.

Good news is, it’s beanie weather! So I’ve been giving them a good workout. It’s tricky trying to poke all my hair underneath…It’s almost time I got a haircut I think. It's been non stop raining down here, maybe it'll turn out like last year with the flooding (don't think so though).

Back in America, I’m jealous. Mottos are stupid things really, they never really describe the place “It’s better in Mentor” doesn’t really give you any clues does it. I’m not sure what Newcastle’s is…the steel city probably. Which reminds me, I’m living at 1/58 Steel St, Jesmond (I don’t know the post code or anything that detailed yet…but I will eventually!).

Urgh, I hope all the exams went well, my theory is you usually do well, and they didn’t completely F things up for you this time around, so that should’ve made things a little less painful. Ashnita!?! It’s like someone’s tried to smoosh up Anita and Ashley to make one name.

Thank god the group assignment’s done. Just think, by some crazy stroke of “luck” you’ll probably end up working with them one day years from now…imagine that.

Jesus, if only I was normal and had money! I could go to America, Darwin…everywhere by the look of it. Maybe I should tell mum who cares about the cycling gear, just estimate how much it’ll cost to buy the stuff and I’ll use it for that instead. Wonder how much it costs to fly to New Zealand…Tasmania?

I keep saying all you have to do is sit down and watch a few rugby matches and you’ll know all the rules (it’s a bit tough now though, they’ve just brought in a new set this year so you’ll have to learn from scratch again even I’m a bit rusty right now). And the big pity is, I can’t watch the rugby now seeing it’s only on pay TV, damn. Maybe I should check out the hotel down the road and see if they ever play it.

And cool, you made it back without anything bad happening to tiger.

So this week I’ll just be waiting out to see what kind of chaos breaks out in Canberra when the torch runs through (the house mates are going I think, so that’ll either be great or tragic).

That should just about make up for my absence for the last week and a bit. So stay tuned for the next exciting newsletter. Have some Hershey’s and root beer for me, and hey why not a French silk pie to (I swear it’s become one of my major quests in life to finally find one of those things).

See you, spoil yourself till your sick of it, might as well make the most you can of it.

Gareth.



tyertyert