Saturday 12 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-FORTY-THREE

UNI RESIDENTS I woke up on the German Ying lives with walked over with us, as she took the undergrad equivalent of our subject. I was surprised about how friendly she was towards me (and how I didn't have to worry about what to say), but soon enough we were there when Ines joined us. I tried to ignore her, but it was hard. She seems so pathetic at times that you can't ignore her lonely face. Why is this important though? Why write this down now? Well, I guess it's to say that I should give people a chance and that I'm getting out of my comfort zone.

UNI CLASSWORK the exam. My first final exam of my third semester that felt like a midterm for some reason. Maybe it's because I was so prepared and taking it much earlier than I was used to, so I was pretty relaxed about it. But was I really comfy? I was shaking. It's because Helen fucked us over so badly with the 66% and I needed at least 10% to pass. In fact, each time she passed me I would just bore holes into her back, and it was out of spite. And it's actually nicer than what I would usually do, and so I'm getting better. Then I started singing in my head, not because I didn't know how to answer, but because I was more relaxed once I realised that everything Ying and I thought would be on there, was on there. I felt pretty confident, but only time will tell if my parents' $3,000 was wasted. I just want to pass.

While waiting for Ying, something that makes me feel special and wanted, Natalie asked me about the exam and then the nice Aussie asked, too. There's something about finishing exams that makes people suddenly become sociable and nice to each other. And our conversation wasn't forced, which was a great learning experience for me as well. But I think I get too attached to people. Even though I was standing out there feeling like the semester isn't almost over and I won't see these people again, I still get attached and want to say goodbye to some of them. After spending 14 weeks with them, there's just this urge for some reason. I've always felt this way, even in high school.

Ying insisted on hugging me twice, and I think I felt the same way, because there was just this release of tension after it was over. I miss Liz hugs, but what's the use when we are officially over as friends?

LITTLE PLEASURES & CULTURE Ying accompanied me to me room and as I was afraid seeing some people outside, I still went bravely since Ying was there. The two Aussies were really nice and apologetic, making me realise that I miss having Aussie female friends. So joking and friendly and cute. She joshed that her stuff was all over the place and it reminded me of Liz.
Then when I had to go back again, it was more Aussies who were keen to talk after the American I've been talking to more and more (who knows Jillian) asked me how I did. It reminded me of Hargraves. She initiated the talk, I furthered it, and then the Aussies were asking questions. I wish I had the courage to stay longer, but never know what to do. Stay and talk? But I'm scared! I wish I had, but at the same time I don't want to barge in. This is Jillian's territory after all.

I found Arthur in the library and he enjoys talking to me, I know it, as well do I. It's nice to go at the end of the day and see a friendly face and be sociable instead of a recluse like I was at the beginning of my stay at Bond.