Sunday 6 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-THIRTY-SEVEN

LIFE HERE When I went back to look at my Bathurst journal I noticed how much I really captured Australia. And yet here I'm whining about people I know...more about my uni life. Not much about Oz. But then again, it's my third time here, so really I don't have those first time experiences any more.

UNI CLASSWORK Bond's library is actually pretty inviting compared to LEC's and CSU's. Outside is nice to sit outside in the sun, and inside has extremely high ceilings and amazing natural lighting and so it's not depressing in any way. You see people you know and it's no problem getting anything done.

And so I was outside when Ines showed, she smiled, I said hello back. Then I thought, if she's pretending to be nice, I should play along. Don't be cold just because she was nasty yesterday. So I pushed the talk and it worked. We were smiling, even if it was fake. Which led to a happy Ying when she showed.

Flash forward to inside the library in a group study room. We were all getting along again and it was about time, with us talking and laughing and smiling. Ines cut down the eye rolling and looks, and I didn't bother to care when she did. Great thing on my part was this: I cared enough about them to help them. I pointed out that Shivang might want more slides and Elaine could practice again on me. I may work out well with a manager as long as I can control my emotions.

CULTURE we are the most diversified group in the class, and so Shivang came up with the idea to have our last slide say "Thank You" in all four of our languages. It was unifying. It was closure to the rockiest project ever.

BEST FRIEND Afterwards I went to the Bra and the gay guy from South Tower was there as always. I'm attracted to him physically even if he is gay (I'm assuming) and it got me to thinking of Gaz. Why I was attracted to him is because he's a little bit feminine. And there was a guy who had the similar manly/primitive facial look and same mannerisms. He was standing there very femininely with one leg over the other and one arm across his chest and the other to his lips as he thought. Just like Gaz. It's like they lack the manly confidence but that's what attracts me.

LIFE HERE I was walking around 8:40pm to relieve some stress, just thinking about how this is my home. How this feels like my home, a place I go to for refuge, and that walking on campus is like walking around my neighbourhood. But then I got sad realizing that if I were in Bond, I'd be able to walk to a friend's place to go hang out. That's the downside of this place, that I don't have a Gareth or Liz here. But otherwise I finally feel like Bond is my home. That feels...wow.