Sunday 13 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-FORTY-FOUR

LIFE HERE It's like a little community with the same people over and over again, and if you need something, you just pop across our private part of the lake to get it.

The redhead at the Brasserie reminds me of myself sometimes. She's nervous talking to people, shakes a little when confused, and laughs it off. I used to be like that, and I still am in certain ways, but at least not all the time.

EMAIL "Don't worry about it, I'm sure you went absolutely fine. You probably did all the study you could anyway. Thirteen chapters is an absolute truck load (honestly I don't think I'd've had the patients after about chapter two).

Credits are great, distintions are brilliant, but when it comes down to it I'd always be content with a pass (especially in the subjects I don't really like...and that usually ends up being most of them anyway. I have the feeling once your done and haven't got anything to worry about, nothing'll matter so much as long as you get to wear the silly hat and shake a complete strangers hand.

I checked out the place eventually the other day...it's a house, and it's alot better than Canberra (not a palace or anything, but it's cleaner, and seems like it'll be a bit more relaxing). It's only 65 dollars a week, and that includes everything, electricity and all...damn I wish I was there longer and not just borrowing the place. Household chores- just cleaning the kitchen floor, and taking out the bins. So I'm going to head out there...well, in about half an hour I guess. I'm trying to keep the stuff to a minimum, so just my clothes, computer, and a few bits and pieces. Oh and food for the week (which shouldn't be so bad- he left a heap of stuff behind).

He's got a massive movie collection there, so I'm going to have to ration myself or I won't actually get anything I'm supposed to be doing done.

Well, I haven't really met the others in the house yet, but hopefully it'll be okay (apparently they're nice). It'll probably be hard to get to know them well though- they're straight from China, and still have to learn how to understand Australian english.

But anyway, that's what I'm up to lately. I hope you've got a good feeling about the test (and if not, just don't think about it anymore...it'll turn out you've passed anyway, so you don't have to worry).

See you (I'll have to find a library or internet place near the house, but it's near the uni, so it shouldn't take long).

Gareth."


I miss the days he'd joke and kid with me like he still does with Sam. At least he emailed me before he left to go (literally a half an hour before??).