Tuesday 8 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-THIRTY-NINE



NEW I did something new today.

  • I was gravitated towards the sandwich section. I've been afraid because Megan runs it and I've never known how it works. It's been there staring at me in the face the entire semester, and so for some reason, something forced me to walk there. I just couldn't stop myself. Over to the sandwich queue. And it paid off. While she wasn't smiling, she still knew I wanted take-away, and off I was eating the most satisfying food I've had for a year. It filled me up with pure happiness.
  • I was social. More on that a little later.

BEST FRIEND He hasn't emailed me nor Sam in a week. Something's off, but I'm actually pretty strong and not caring as much as I would otherwise. I'm planning to email him either a few days before I leave or straight after.

Edit: He's emailed me and while I was happy, I wasn't esctatic. In fact, it was short but at least semi-happy.

"Of course I'm hansome...I should be an underwear model (give me a year or so to work on the stomach though). I think I need a haircut though...but all the same, I'm kind of proud of my mop.

So we'll see how tomorrow goes, and hope the rest of your week is totally hassle free (we can dream)."

DISCOVERED I discovered that doing what I've feared is not so bad after all. Again, I just gravitated towards the post office and finally closed my mailbox and so now it's weird not having the part of me in Australia. I was afraid of how to go about it, but actually it was quite simple.

Today was an amazing, crazy day.
  • 10am: I received a LOVELY text from May giving me hugs and hoping all my studying is going well (...
  • 10:30am: I received a text and call from Ashnita hoping we could study.
  • 11am: Elaine and I went to Fish Liquor for one last time, and then she was off (or so I thought).
  • 12pm: Christina somehow knows I'm coming home to the US? I haven't spoken to her in months and m...
  • 2pm: Stephen dropped by wondering if I've seen Arthur and we went on a search for him.
  • 3pm: Stephen returned and we went over stats for an hour and a half.
  • 4pm: Mike called (how the living hell did he get my number?!) and was natural as can be, asking i...
  • 4:30: Arthur shows up and we stay chatting.
  • 4:45: Elaine drops by and is pretty much shocked to find me, Arthur, and Stephen bullshitting tog...
  • 5pm: I'm all alone :( But I'll see them all tomorrow.
  • 7pm: Ash calls and texts, saying I don't have to help her any more (thank god!-- she was just bei...
  • 7:20pm: Shivang emails about our CA project (hmm!)
  • 8pm: Bear finally, finally emails!
  • 9pm: Mike calls again about stats.
  • 9:05pm: Mike shows up, so there's me flirting and blushing while he was acting like he's been the...
  • 9:30pm: May sent me a lovely email in response to this morning.
  • 10:30pm: To finish off, Betty replying to my email.

CULTURE hearing Stephen speak set something off in me and hearing the accent was really pleasing. Maybe because I was focusing on the fact it was Aussie that it registered in my head and all my pleasure senses went off.