Thursday 10 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-FORTY-ONE

LIFE HERE Lunch with Stephen and Arthur meant I was asking for "for here" just as Jesse went to grab take-away and Megan and him both stopped and looked at me. Megan was teasing me and Jesse was surprised. This is what it's like to live on campus.

UNI RESIDENTS So it was me, Arthur, and Stephen eating together until Shivang passed and sat down. I didn't want him to. I don't like him. I just got stuck with him for group work and don't want to bother with him otherwise. He used us basically, and do I really want him to use us? No.

Life is fun with Stephen because he does what he wants and when he wants. The mediacentre was still in development, but he walked right in as the businessmen stared because it seemed to be their private opening. Even though it's OUR campus. They coaxed me in and when I was finally in, I felt naughty. We were hanging out looking at the insides which is something very few students have experienced yet.

UNI CLASSWORK & LIFE HERE I kept running into Neil, my IT professor, and that's what it's like on campus. You see people and they know you, and you feel like you're in a community. And when I went to find Neil's office, I ran into Shravan who remembered me and Kauldeep who thought I wanted to see him. It's all helpful and nice.

UNI RESIDENTS & CLASSWORK the not so nice thing was finding out that Ashnita copied me word for word without me knowing. So I got a warning thank god, and Arthur and May made me feel better. May and I kept emailing back and forth, so I find that her loveliness is so Liz like and comforting. But like Liz, I don't know how to pay her back. Ugh! I wish I could.

ADVICE Arthur came to visit me that night. I need to STOP acting like I'm better than him because I've lived here twice as long. I need to stop putting his excitement of living here down. Now.