Friday 4 April 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-THIRTY-FIVE

8am: In line and said hello to Megan, who said nothing in return. This is not unusual. She has her on days and her off days, and why does it matter if a Bra worker likes me anyway? But after she was finished and I felt awkward standing there will silence, she said something really fast. Was she telling me I could come back for more and she "wouldn't look"?? If so, I thought that was nice considering.

9:02am: Arthur had met me and soon enough Stephen arrived so that we were there in his shed working on excel. How unlike my usually, now that I have been back home, but now I don't mind as much as I'm comfy with them. We were just there easily talking and for once I was actually thinking and not just assuming the answers. I felt better, too, studying this with them.

3:30pm: A ride home with Stephen and three of his kids. Being around all Aussies is nice, and with Stephen's kids, they think nothing of foreigners. I like that. Just three Aussie accents- it's homely. And being in an Aussie car and watching the Aussie kids after school is wonderful. I actually feel like I'm in Australia when I'm out of Bond.

Arthur and I will walk more next semester. We won't stay on Bond day in and day out.

6:54pm: I found Arthur after I went to the library early and soon Ines joined me. She was being nice, and so I was. Then Elaine. She wasn't pissy, and so we weren't. Then Shivang. And so there we were all laughing and actually having, dare I say, fun. The librarian even got pissed at us, but meh. I even included Arthur and he was joining in the fun. Outside Ines made a point to say goodbye and there we were, off we go. Thankfully I had Arthur, but then Elaine joined. I begged Arthur to walk the rest of the way with me, deviating from his route, so he did. But of course Elaine had to smooth it over and talk like she's friends with him. She does that to everyone. But no worries Arthur walked with me and she was upset she had no one else to walk the rest of the way to the reserve with. Whatever. I'm much nicer to her, but I don't care.