Monday 31 March 2008

Entry TWO-HUNDRED-THIRTY-ONE

Arthur was sitting down eating, and didn't smile but waved. No "Jenn!" like he always does. I did the nice thing of going over and as he was being pissy since he screwed me over and I was pissy, I acted the same. It's about mirroring for me. And as dirty as this may be, but I don't need his help any more.

I received a wave from Elliott who hasn't noticed me on campus lately, and I smiled with a hi. Don't always assume people are snuffing you.

Class came and I was corned by Arthur's German friend, who is friendly to me, and we were talking even once we sat down.  I just feel awkward around him because he stares and smiles while he's waiting for me to talk, but even when I do, he's only thinking about what he will say next to impress me.  Nevertheless, isn't it all about socializing and testing the water?

Mike smiled at me and I joked that he was early.  

I rushed to the next class where Ying joined shortly thereafter.  I was nice, but when I am, I feel so fake.  Regardless in one day I managed to fix all riffs amongst my friendships with Arthur, Ying, and Ines (Ying was level headed and asked Ines for the work, who did have it done, and now I don't care if she's pissed at me).  I had to "fix" Ines because of peer evaluations.  I had to fix Arthur because he is giving me two books for free.  I had to "fix" Ying because I have to fucking deal with her in HRM and there's group work in there. 

BUDDHISM  I know this is not buddhism per se, but it's about forgiving and creating balance right?  

There were teacher evaluations ("tevals" as they call it here) today and thankfully for the first time in my higher education career I spoke my true feelings.  And from what others are saying, they feel she's a bitch as well and the class is a waste of time.  I'm thinking she'll get a bunch of terrible reviews in a month's time.

DISCOVERED  I discovered that the so called elite in our group had the worst presentation.  Even if they appear smart doesn't mean they are better than you.