Saturday 10 November 2007

Entry NINETY




UNI RESIDENTS I was up at 5am when the sky was turning from dark blue to spots of orange and birds were calling in 360 around my bungalow. I woke up at 12pm with Elaine standing outside my window screaming, "Jennifer! Jen! Jennifer!" instead of knocking.

Last week we found a park, so today I went there to study, but I only lasted a few minutes with the wind. I tried holding down the pages of my marketing book, but it didn't work very well, so instead I wandered around campus the long way before going back to my bungalow.

DISCOVERED This will sound rather odd, but I felt like I was in Bathurst. Back then when I got bored or no one was around, I would just wander around the city. I remember that's how I finally discovered that they had wineries and hidden grocery stores. I still haven't gotten too far, but I will eventually make it out to Robina (which looks like Varsity Lakes, but isn't).

AMERICAN HOME Still don't know what to do about Jessica, but as far as I know, I won't have much when I finally do get back. We've been keeping in close contact, but god love Jessica, she's pretty forgetful and not very reliable. Basically, she's done this several times in the past and it doesn't surprise me, but I just thought things were going so well. So maybe things will be different once I'm actually in the same country as her. (Just like Christina. She only wants to give me attention when I'm not actually there- err).

Also I deleted Liz off of MSN, even though we've purposely haven't spoken to each other since August, and it felt great. Why it took so long, I don't know, considering what's happened over the last two and a half years.

CULTURE I think I've figured out how to get the Aussie 'doll' and 'hun' back home. ""Honey", along with variations like "honey bun" and "honeypot" and the abbreviation "hon," has become a term of endearment in most of the English-speaking world. In some places it is used for loved ones; in others, such as the American South, it is used when addressing casual acquaintances or even strangers"