Thursday 1 November 2007

Entry EIGHTY-ONE

Having no class and delaying it until 2pm is nice, but then stretches out my day. I'm worrying about going to Robina tomorrow since it's been so long since I've had to take a bus. Do I really want to deal with cranky bus drivers, finding a seat, crowded stores, and then having to wait for a bus home? No. Do I want to risk going to the almost-always empty pharmacy here and not knowing if they take a credit card? Well, of course they do, if the fish and chip shop does. But I want a female since I will be buying tampons.

LIFE HERE is difficult when one doesn't have a car. It wastes time, takes too much effort, and you find yourself in unnecessary embarrassing situations.

IM/Text/Email/Post/Call two messages in a row, the first I thought was Elaine being a pain...or a Liz. I should start explaining myself before I grow too old to remember. What "a Liz" is basically: they are over loving when it's to their advantage but in reality they aren't there for you when you need them. Elaine's also calling a lot more and texting a lot more, so I must be her main friend here.

In total, he sent me seven messages before I had to go to class. What a wonderful surprise. Makes me feel guilty for thinking I could push him away. And I wonder if that's why he text, per the email? Did he read that email yet?

UNI RESIDENTS Saw Audrey while eating with Elaine, then saw Ivette while walking with Elaine, and then saw Jillian while getting my dessert. What's this, dormie day? Best yet, why does Jillian get unfriendly with me at times? Granted she said Hi first, so I can't complain too much.

So Elaine had texted and wanted to have dinner with me. It was nice, but conversation lacks while we eat and it only picks up towards the end (except for the initial conversation). She hinted that she doesn't like to eat alone and I told her I would like to have dinner with her, but in reality I prefer to eat alone. I feel more comfortable. I eat more and slower. And it stops her from being controlling and telling me to eat more. Pushy. Caring, I know, but pushy.

During our walk she ran into two Turkish girls who stopped her and talked to both of us. It was fun and delightful and makes you realize how friendly people are.

The best part of the day was Arthur. The German with the odd eyesight and I were talking, and Arthur eventually joined us. Then Arthur sat by me. Then we made jokes during class. It was nice to be able to talk to him again since the Hugh fallout. In fact, in made me feel like I had a friend in the class.