Friday 30 November 2007

Entry HUNDRED-TEN

Why'd I answer the phone? At first Ying called, cheery, asking how my presentation was. Now, that's a surprise that she even bothered, but I know why: it affected her ability to have lunch with me on Thursday. That's only why. The second time she called: she decided not to stay in her room and that she would go over herself, and that I should meet her at the "children's area" (English issues). So I got pissy and she wasn't cheery herself, so I wasn't going to fake it. What's the point of me going? And I will miss dinner.

Now I know I like change, but my patience with her using me is long being tested. It's teaching me something though: how have past friends put up with me when I did similar things? Maybe that's why they rarely lasted.

Gillian was on the porch and she said, "Hello" first, and I returned it, but that's it. If she wants to acknowledge me or pretend I exist, that's fine. But I will be nice and yet not give her the time of the day either.

People have caught on that the Cerum theatre is a great place for using your laptop, and so I was forced to a room, which was much better regardless.

I feel the need to be creative. It's an urge and yet I'm a bit stressed.

Met her at 5pm, after seeing the black kitten that's been living on and off in our living room, and I was a bit grumpy. I didn't see the point. And dinner with her was her, once again, telling me about her friends and what they said rather than what she knows. It's fine, but then she doesn't know the reality of it and argues with me about what they said. Most of what she hears comes from Easterners who don't know Aussie/Western culture, so it's misinformed.

At the end of it though, she was smiling. So meh. She's not upset, but I'm impatient anymore.


According to an online test:
You can expect to live approximately another 21300 more days, (until I am 82).