Wednesday 28 November 2007

Entry HUNDRED-EIGHT

I slept in two hours more than I wanted and found his email, unfortunately. On the way there I ran into Victoria again (twice in a row when not since last semester??) and thankfully she was on the phone since I wouldn't know what to say anyway.

"I wish I could properly describe my professor, the one I had to have lunch with. Well, he acts like he's hyped up on caffeine and he's always moving. Always. He doesn't slow down to think, but rather rushes through everything. So I was a little disheartened when I was waiting for ten minutes and he finally showed with Melissa, where we were then rushed around. He always asks the same questions, rush and rush and rushing. And so it was a little hard for me to keep up with since I was exhausted. The worst part for me was watching him eat with strings of cheese hanging from his neck and chin-- I started gagging, so I took my glasses off (thankfully I was too tired for contacts) and that helped."

It makes me feel awkward and uncomfortable when someone I don't really know talks to me about politics. Doesn't he know, being a cultural professor, not to talk about religion or politics?! Anyway, so he brought it up regardless and I know where he stands (he's an open Bush & Howard hater) so I had a bit of fun. He asked if Ohio is republican or democrat, so I told him. The fun part was telling him how we were the deciding state for re-electing bush -- specifically my county -- and he face just stopped. Well, he did what I knew he'd do and he shut up and changed subjects! He probably thinks I support Bush, but who cares, as long as it stopped him. Pssh."

Overall I asked more questions since I genuinely cared and it was quite unlike me and a nice surprise. He ran off at 12pm exactly and left all his trash, and it was Melissa (thankfully) who thought to ask me for my email address. I really like her, even though conversation can be tough with the language and cultural barrier, but I did want to keep in contact.

Best part? I got an HD! My first Aussie HD for a subject, yay.

At my real lunch (the salad was making me gag), I tried something new with the fake blond who now seems to not only recognize me, but also like me. I smiled big and asked, "How are you?" and she actually paid me attention.

Went to the library relaxed since I had my iPod on and a "don't care" attitude even though it was busier than ever. Ashnita had to of seen me and I tried catching up, but instead didn't bother. If she wanted to give me the time of day then she would've said something when we first sort of ran into each other. And there we were walking side by side not doing anything. I literally said, "pfft" outloud and went on my way.

Ying tried calling. Maybe about dinner together? That Christmas gathering with May? Don't know, and don't care. I don't want to be better friends, only class friends.