Tuesday 3 June 2008

Entry ?

She was struggling to get people to participate, so for some reason my mouth just opened and words spilled out when she was asking if any one had an answer for the last problem, number 22. My mind just jumped on it for some reason and I took that leap, and I succeeded.

"The International finance professor has taken to actually getting desperate for answers during our tutorials since no one answers. And I'm still surprised that I volunteered to go up to the board and work out a problem for her, something I basically never had to do ever in my life, and yet I find myself doing it a lot here at Bond. I was laughing at myself, which was silly because there's serious Germans in there, and I don't like feeling stupid in front of such intelligent people, but I had friendly faces and so it made me feel better. Plus my professor even gave me a chocolate for doing it."

LITTLE PLEASURES Other than that, my morning got to a great start with a run-in with one of the cleaners while I was waiting for my classroom to be opened up. Such an Aussie bogan with her dress and hearty demeanor, but that also means she was kind and very talkative (CULTURE). So kind that she wished me a good day as I passed.

UNI CLASSWORK Nash gives us lollies all the time, which is such an Indian cultural thing to do I noticed (CULTURE). And so they may scare me because they are far more superior in their knowledge, but I've learned not to let Nash and May deter me. Like today when May took my executive summary and then fixed it a little, and yet her version was far from perfect as well.

UNI RESIDENTS Alex the kind and cute German is someone I love to kinda flirt with. During his presentation in IHRM he kept smiling and I kept smiling, and so he smiled when he saw me smiling. I just can't help it. Then there's Toby, who is gay, and so I can definitely play with that and not feel it's doing anything wrong. He turned around and we waved at each other. I just have fun joking around with certain people (Ash, Alex, Toby, and Mike).

On the way to my IFM tutorial I passed Alex who was on the mobile, and we both waved, which made me giddy for the above reasons. And in class it was just me joking with him, Toby, Mike, Arthur, Stephen, and Vishen. It makes me feel so loved.

"Jen-Jen!" Stephen always calls me.