Thursday 5 June 2008

Entry ?

LITTLE PLEASURES I always have feared the phone, so much that at times I just won't do something but at other times it's okay. I'm fine if something is straight forward, but I'm not if I don't know what to do. And as usual Ying was listening to me and was acting like I was just being a pain in the ass when really I was scared and I told her that. Sigh. But I actually called and it was so easy once I did it! Why do I get so afraid? I miss Liz and Franzi pushing me in a nice way and encouraging me. They were real friends. Double sigh.

UNI RESIDENTS I went to get a salad at the Lakeside Grill for the first time in at least an entire semester when I ran into Artika, one of Ying's friends whom I know by association. How she knows my name, I'm not sure, and why she called me over I'm only vaguely certain (to make it appear like she knows more people on campus). Regardless though, it made me feel like I had more friends anyway.

So the day before at my meeting, Nash heard me mention my trip to Byron Bay and offered to drive me and Elaine/Ying. Very kind and that is why networking in Australia is awesome! It was easier for me in Bathurst, but it's not so bad here in Robina either. And so that was set, and I just had to call Ying to tell her that my YHA was booked. When I did, I even offered (surprisingly) to eat a salad with her before her tutorial.

Tutorial? Yep, she invited me to see this American guy that's supposedly the best of the best and I was thinking there was no way in hell. She's known for sleeping with older men and thinking they're just "brilliant" and so I had to see if this was just her odd ways or not.

(AMERICAN HOME) "I went to this lecture to check out this professor who is supposedly the "best professor ever" to some people and I was extremely curious to see how that could even be. Apparently he teaches at a top American MBA uni and is here for 7 weeks out of the 14 since he's that busy. When I went I had to admit that he actually made the 4 hour lecture incredibly interesting, so much that I didn't even realize I was there for 4 hours (plus, I wasn't that interested in the subject of Branding but he made it that much fun). He kept telling me, "You're accent sounds strangely familiar!" and "My friend here would know what I'm talking about" when he mentioned American companies. After class he went up to me and asked which state I'm from, which led to him making me feel at home because he actually knew all my sports teams and the "mistake on the lake" history of Cleveland."

LITTLE PLEASURES dinner that night, Jesse was lovely again. I was half asleep and asked for a paddle pop forgetting to say "chocolate" as well. So he smirked (the first rare part) and said, "there are actually 4" (the second rare part- joking). Once again I just felt elated.