Saturday 7 June 2008

Entry ?

TRAVEL  We woke up and we had to leave early because of my cold.  Fair enough.  And even though she promised me she'd ask about greyhound at the YHA, she did her sneaky Chinese thing (CULTURE) and without disagreeing with me directly, went behind my back to do what she wanted.  And so there we were taking the local buses to only God Knows Where.  We luckily and unluckily ended up in Emundi, which had that gorgeous "real" Aussie look with the bogan houses and small streets without that artificial look.  The small town look I love.  

It was unlucky because Ying got us lost because she didn't want to take the Greyhound.  To be fair, not booking ahead like I wanted was good because I got sick and wanted to go early (although we could've easily called to reschedule), but I was frustrated.  I should've booked on my own, and I told her that after she asked what I was thinking.  We were nearly lost.  To be fair, she does think more clearly headed at times and so she thought of waiting for the next bus to the station at Nambour.  I don't even remember what I was thinking, but I was surely mad enough at her not to think straight to be honest.  And she asked the bus driver "for Brisbane" so we got to pay the train ticket while on the bus too, which was awesome.  So it's good things and bad things with her really.  

It doesn't matter.  It's just that I have to go with my gut of planning so that I don't get stuck lost in a city, which I hate.  May work for some, but doesn't for me.  Yes it's an adventure and sometimes cheaper, but that's your problem if you get lost and not mine.

Once we got back to Bond, I was so excited that I instantly felt better.  Bond's my home.  Which is sad since I'll be leaving it shortly.