Monday 16 June 2008

Entry ?


GREAT PLEASURE  This is a great pleasure because it's a bunch of little pleasures added up. Mike and I were non-stop giving each other attention, smiling, laughing, joking, and borderline flirting and it made me so giggly and happy beyond belief.  Why can't I feel that more often?  It got an excellent start with Mike coming in and saying, "Hello, Jen!" because I love when people say my name considering they rarely say it.  Of course he sat next to me, where we non-stop talked basically even though we were in class.  And he was so excited to show me his drawings, which are just like Gaz's with the small and rough lines that combine in pen marks to make a photo, and I joked with him in general.  It was like he truly enjoyed it, that was the difference.  Like we were close friends sharing secrets and fun.  

"Come on, you're holding me up!" he joked as he pushed me forward, the first time he's touched me ever.  All three of them joked about how they care about me and I told them that my life would be boring without them as we walked to the couch for our meeting.  And I pulled out my iTouch cozy without much thought and Mike said, "What's that!"  So they joked about it and he was so adament about naming it that he named it "Eskimo."  I thought that was adorable actually.  So this is life with other guys than Gaz?  He kept hi-5ing me when he like something I said.  So three touches in one day, for the first time ever.  I LOVED it.  

After IFM and our little mini meeting, I had my IHRM class.  Besides walking in and smiling like a dope and saying hi to Vishen, it was nothing out of the usual as I was still ignoring Ying for being a pain in the ass, and the professor was still being not so nice to me for no reason.  I come in smiling and saying hello and all he can do is stare blankly and say, "Hi" even though he's more cheerful towards others??  I'm not taking it too personal though, because really it doesn't matter in the end. 

LIFE HERE  At lunch I ran into Elliot from bungie 2 who moved to bungie 7.  He punched my arm in a friendly gesture even though we've only had maybe two conversations, and people I know better hardly do that, making me think how easy it is for some to make others feel like they are important.  And when I went to get my food Jesse knew take-away as always, and he knew the meatball sub just because I was standing in front of it.  Comfort of no words.  

On the way back to the bungies I saw a heart shaped cloud and smiled.  And I read, "Catch up on some zeds" and just giggled.  Then I saw this:  Queensland is running ads asking Queenslanders to kill any and all fire ants they find.  I thought it was a joke when they said they'd offer a $500 award if you report a nest, and then they called it a bio security measure...and I've just never seen anything like that.   They are sooooooo anal here.