Friday 13 June 2008

Entry ?

EMAIL I was feeling awful sad but I wasn't sure why. Was it the tension with Ying? Was it the stress of uni? Or was it not hearing from Gaz in a week-ish? But then of course I felt better after hearing from Gaz who emailed me later in the day and surprised me with a "Hey Jen" which is something he hasn't done in months and months and months. I could tell it was rushed, but only because he was writing it in an internet cafe of sorts probably. Regardless I loved:
"Hey, I like that beanie, and the red one (even if you don't believe it), it's gone a bit fluffy now though..and if next summer's anything like it was this time, I'll be needing plenty of beanies too. But anyway, must dash, time limits and people staring and all. Hope uni is a breeze, just think, you'll have a masters, smart arse.
See ya (I'll have internet again in a few days I think, so I'll tell you how things are going)."
What is important is why I loved this bit. Well for one, he must really want me to knit him more beanies since he won't shut up about how he really likes the ones I've knitted when I thought we were over the topic. Then he said the bit of me being a smart arse because I told him I feel inferior to them here. And then of course the promise that he'll write soon.

UNI RESIDENTS Arthur texted me and I met him in the library to work on our IFM assignments together, but of course on the way I had to run into Ying. Yes I hope I looked kind when I kindly said hi to her, but we'll see if she takes me not stopping to talk as a bad thing. Yes I was being cold, but in a nice way, because I'm over her. She's more pain than pleasure.

LITTLE PLEASURES Besides Gaz the award of the pleasure today goes to Mike. It's just the little things I love. And with Mike today it was a little thing when I went there and he asked right away, "what'd you think of Art's email?" So we get in a serious and nice discussion about it, with his full attention on me. I felt lovely. Really.