Sunday 17 February 2008

Entry HUNDRED-EIGHTY-NINE

She took charge, which was amazing really, as an undergrad. We had to interview a manager and she went to him after some hesitation and I'm embarassed to say I was too scared. So she told him, "Hi, we're from Bond University. We are doing a research project and would like to do it on Dan Murphy's. Is there someone we could speak to about it?" That simple. Why can't I do that? And then the Indian was doing the business thing by looking at his name tag, shaking his hand, and thanking him personally.

Live and learn.

But of course Ying had to be the pain in the ass. "What are we doing?" "What are we going to ask him?" "We're not prepared." We kept telling her that we only needed permission but she kept insisting that we had to interview him. What doesn't she get? She just doesn't have common sense. Or at least Western common sense.

I was very sociable with Ines and Shivang and that felt great, because I didn't have to talk to Ying. She held back mostly by herself, not saying much. And yes, I'm a bitch. But then she had to say, "I tell you good news. I go back to China." "Oh, like me." (I mean come on, she copied considering she was going to stay here until she found out I'm going home). Then Shivang said something and we went talking and I ignored her. Really, does she expect me to talk to her after what she did to me? After insulting me? No.

Best part was Ines. She wants to go to postgrad drinks with us since she's a newly postgrad and her friends have left.

And so thankfully that was that and we got our contact and all is great with the world.

Oh, and not to forget Toby. I saw him while waiting at the library and he waved and he sat to talk to me. I'm enjoying his company a lot.


Dinner is pretty socializing at times and today was no exception. I smiled and that made him smile, so that must be the trick. And so there Mike and I was talking to over five minutes, maybe ten, when I asked just as he was about stats. He's also so funny and he laughed so loud when I said, "And I even wrote on there, 'don't forget to draw your picture!'" And he said see ya happily and I just enjoy talking to him so much.