Wednesday 20 February 2008

Entry HUNDRED-NINETY-TWO

Ines and I met at 10am to get the appointment over with and just as we met, it started to rain, so she drove us over there. It was kind of scary going in and she was hesitant as were I, but she did it again. And this time when the manager came he was nice, but not overly friendly. So Ines started with, "We are from Bond university and we are doing a research project. We would like to do it on Dan Murphy's and last week we spoke to Reuben." But this time she kept looking at me for help and because I wasn't in the spotlight I was able to think straight. I convinced him that the main point was interviewing a manager, not interviewing customers like Ines mentioned. I told him Bond students who shop there instead. But I was so proud at how she did. At the end he was much friendlier and laughing.

So hopefully we hear back this time. Again, easy to talk, but it kind of went flat at the end. Despite that, she invited me up for coffee but I denied nicely. It would still make me feel weird and I wasn't sure if she was just doing it to be nice.

Shivang didn't want to work, as usual, pissing me off but I didn't show it. I texted him how Ines and I went, he didn't have to do that, but then he was too busy to help until 4pm. Six hours and can't work till 4pm? So whatever, I did it on my own, just fudging it.


Finally the tutorial. Ashnita came in and sat where she always does by me and then the fun started. She asked if I'm going to postgrad drinks, since I think she wants to be social with me, and I told her I would (in all honesty). But towards the end I was having fun with our excel worksheets. "Like my colour choices?" And she was joking how it was a real feminine touch and she'll hire me to do her excel projects. That made me feel hot with laughing. However, the real thing was when she remembered my dilemma with my plane tickets and cared enough! Sign of a friend, right?

Afterwards she wanted to walk out with me and offered to drive me home. Easy talking again. Lots of laughing and she remembered I'm in the bungies. It's all good.

I had a weird feeling yesterday about how long it's been since Ying's dropped by and she did today. What coincidence? After class I walked out with Ash since Ying takes too long and I don't play games any more. And since I did that, she came by and asked where I was. She's paranoid. And I told her about Ash and she laughed. Didn't seem offended. But then she was telling me about Toby and how he's friends with everyone in our marketing class. (Yeah, so?). Apparently she's hurt by that, that she wasn't included. And I told her how people who start a semester cling together, just like me with the May people. So of course she didn't like that, but tough. I don't sugar coat any more. She's lost my sympathy. So with Ash driving me home, me going with Ines this morning, her knowing I stick with May semester people, and me saying hi to a roomie and a roomie's friend, she didn't seem happy. That makes me happy, as evil as that is. Or I'm just imagining it, but am I? She left awfully early after I told her about the semester sticking together situation. Ah, damn, ha.