Saturday 2 February 2008

Entry HUNDRED-SEVENTY-FOUR

DREAMS I had a bad dream where an asteroid was coming and we were trying to catch the broken pieces. Only after we got the largest piece, a bomb was coming and we managed to escape. Only we hid in a house with strangers while people slowly died, and I was scared because we weren't warned like they were. It felt so real, too.

AMERICAN HOME I think I want to go home instead of NZ this break since I want to see Tiger before she dies, see my family (yep...), meet Meatball, and eat American food. I want American TV. I want to drive my baby. Most of all, like I said, I want to say goodbye to my baby, my kitty. (But also, I won't see Gaz, who what's the point of staying here?)

UNI RESIDENTS I ran into Arthur this morning outside of the IT building as I was going in to do some work (which would be ruined once I realized ilearn is down). We were cheery as always and he invited me to this lunch he was having with his study tour buddies. I declined since I didn't go, but I thanked him for inviting me and I felt great.

Arthur came by to visit around dinner time and it was nice that he just drops by. It makes me feel social.

BEST FRIEND
"other halves
In ancient times people weren't simply male or female, but one of three types : male/male, male/female or female/female. In other words, each person was made out of the components of two people. Everyone was happy with this arrangment and never really gave it much thought. But then God took a knife and cut everyone in half, right down the middle. So after that the world was divided just into male and female, the upshot being that people spend their time running around trying to locate their missing half."
-Haruki Murakami