Sunday 23 September 2007

Entry FORTY-FIVE

AMERICAN HOME We were never that close at work, with him only paying me attention towards the end when he had something to say or he wanted to tease me like he did Doris. In fact, at first I didn't like him much because he would come over when Doris was training me and not even look at me. And so it was slow, and therefore I was amazed and confused when he asked for my email address before I left. Was it because I was going to Australia? Came down here and it was awkward at first with the emails, but now he emails almost instantly the next day. I should be flattered, I know. And when/if it stops, I will miss it.

Opening my email in the morning I found two from Kenny (normal), one from Lisa, and none from Bear. I was disappointed in the Bear reaction, but then again I know he will on Monday, his day off. Just love knowing he loves me. He is my source of comfort, communication, sanity, and love. Now I have Elaine and I'm not so dependent on communicating with him since I actually have a friend here, but she could never replace him.

Lisa cried when I told her Geauga Lake as we know it no longer exists. I was surprised by her reaction- crying? I understand we spent almost all our lives there, but crying?

Christina also emailed me (hotmail account, as usual, just like Liz). It is going great, hope you are doing good, drop me an email sometime about your travels and what you have been up to. Is that sincere? She didn't have to reply or even send the original email, so I guess. I hope it is because I do miss her friendship and hope to see her when I get back. In fact, I should tell her that.

DISCOVERED I realized as I was drifting off to sleep the other night how Liz has impacted me. I treat Elaine with girl-love because Liz taught me how. She taught me how to maintain female friendships. Too bad ours didn't work.

READING It was such a beautiful, and yet chilly, day that I went to my secluded spot outside the Business building to read since I was too afraid of the lake steps. I tried, I really did, but there were too many people walking around for once. For shame, being afraid as being seen as a "dork". I finished Memoirs of a Geisha, although it was disappointing towards the end and I just wanted it over with about about pages to.

INVITES Kenny has invited me and Melissa to a Tribe game next year, and it made me so happy I was dancing around. Knowing that I will have friends when I get back is very important to me.

(Where is Jess? She hasn't replied to my email lately.)

Around 5:45pm I had to wait for Jillian to leave, only to find out how wonderful it was that it happened. I came across a waving, smiling Ashnita who stopped me on the way to the IGA. She asked what I was up to, I asked her if she moved (yes!), we talked about regional study, and she invited me to a housewarming party! I really want to get closer to her. She'd be a great and fun friend.

Then walking the boardwalk I ran into Anna from communication. It took both of us a second to realize who each other was and she was so happy, smiling, talking. She told me it was "good for you" that I was walking with my groceries (extra weight) and we said, "see ya."

ADVICE It pays off to even say hello and sit next to people in class.