Monday 17 September 2007

Entry THIRTY-NINE



UNI CLASSWORK I had the urge to see the wet, fluffy tea leaves inside, so I slit open my non-used teabag. It was an urge that came to me and I spontaneously did, spilling it all over. Felt so good.

I bumped into the middle eastern guy at the bottom floor of the business building and said a nice hello to him. He smiled and it made me feel good. I love when people recognize me from class. Then Joey walked into class once I got up there, smiling when he saw me and that made me feel even better.

Elaine sat with Joey this time, which sort of hurt me, but she was talking with me throughout and that made it better. She even asked if we were going to have lunch together afterwards. The downside? The creepy German sat next to me and stared, but only said one sentence before we left.

Saw Elaine's room before lunch and she shared her cookies with me, reminding me of how Liz used to do that. I just wish I wasn't so shy and sat down right away. I always feel like I'm sort of invading even though I am not.

(LITTLE PLEASURES) We went to Lakeside and it was a very long line, all the way out the door. The girl behind me asked if there were any slips of paper left, after I thought of giving her my extra, and then I did so (wish I had the first time when I thought of it). She was so happy it surprised me. There's such a pleasure in helping and seeing someone so happy.

(LITTLE PLEASURES) Judith recognized me, which made me feel good (along with that stoner guy, short blond, cool-hair woman, and once-mean woman!). We sat outside to eat and for once I wasn't conscience of eating around her, after all I'm still getting to know her, because she looked down most of the time. Asians have a messy way of eating anyway, so I had no problem with my salad.

We had a heart-to-heart kind of talk about her troubles with her friendships (and also earlier how I'm her only visitor to her room), which made me feel happy and made me wonder at the same time. Does that mean she likes me? Or doesn't like me and wants other friends? (Only to find out later that I'm the only one who knows her boyfriend never wants to get married and that she's so happy to have me as a friend).

Bear emailed me, but I didn't have time to let it sink in since Elaine was around. After we departed I went to the library to get Memoirs of a Geisha and ended up with a nice, talkative librarian. Except for the (gay?) young guy at night, it's hard to find nice ones. So walking out with that in mind along with seeing beautiful white flowers bloomed on the path was enough to make me smile and feel warm.

UNI RESIDENTS Had a nice run-in with Arthur who was very nice finally and we were talking all the way to the library. I think the Hugh stuff is in the past finally.