Friday 7 September 2007

Memories swirl around me. One moment I am at Aunt Mary Rose's house in northeast Ohio, playing with her older children. The game is 'Bullshit' and I have devised a plan of sneaking peeks under the glass dining room table to see what each player has claimed to place down. Giggle fits from me led to everyone figuring out what was going on and then my memory blurs and moves on. Now I am at Aunt Marcia's house with Lisa in the backyard. We are bored, roaming the backyard, and she happens to show me her dead bug collection telling me that she will need it for a school project. Lisa and me playing in the backyard turns to Markie and me playing in the low ceiling basement of our grandparents' summer house on the Ohio and Pennsylvania border. My head hits the ceiling, I feel closed in, and he's urging me to slide on the slabs of wood with a roller in each corner.