Wednesday 12 September 2007

Entry THIRTY-FOUR










Slowly trying to improve my photography with new colors.
Using layers and brown filters.




UNI CLASSWORK I was scared because I happened upon the undergrad tute, not knowing I had a separate one, and he saw me to which he invited me in. He introduced me as the post-grad and his partner, which made me feel important, so I said hello to everyone. I feel like this is a job again. I feel superior. That will help when I have to give the presentation. So turns out for an hour on my own with him I will have tute. He also explained how I'm helping him out by giving this presentation, and that he will "take that into consideration" towards my mark. Uh, yep! So a thirty minute presentation to 10-15 students? Not so bad at all. Better than what I thought and I feel much better. Now's just the fifteen minute workshop, but he said several times he will help me :)

UNI RESIDENTS I ran into Audrey who had a big smile on her face when she saw me, making me feel important. We had a good short chat before I had to leave for lunch, and it feels so good to talk more and more. No more hiding in my room, that's silly. There was also the Brasserie worker, the younger one from Lakeside Grille, who saw me after the chubby mean blond was being her usual self and said, "Hey, doll." Made me feel like I belonged and I didn't stop smiling until I got to my room.







ADVICE Change life around a bit, redecorate your room! I've been inspired somehow to make my room more of a home and even more artsy. More inspiring. I printed paintings and drawings to hang on my beautiful cream walls, almost the color of moleskines. Printed my Canberra photos along with some American ones to randomly group on my walls. Next was a new Frankie poster and three paintings on the negative space in the bathroom.

Feel so lost without a book to read, so I'm going tonight to get The Lonely Bones again. I need something to perk up my imagination, to keep me busy.

BEST FRIEND I was waiting for it because somehow I knew it was coming, and there it was. Nice and slow since my computer was lagging and his name just slid up gracefully as I smirked wide and felt warm inside. Somehow I knew it was short, but so what? I heard from him the next day, like usual.

Sep 12, 2007 1:25 PM
"Wednesday"

Hey, ginger fish and brown rice sounds cool, and tandoori chicken.

Hmm, I think you should take some ti chi classes to switch of the nervous thing (I could not survive with the lack of sleep you get). I keep falling asleep after reading about ten pages of the book, so I think I might try reading while I have dinner or something (come to think of it, I tried that last night...and almost fell asleep).

I might be cooking bacon and eggs for the red cross kitchen on saturday mornings...I'll have to wait and see where that goes, sound kind of fun though.

Eh, australia were always going to win (the surprise is how much they won by! New Zealand can usually get scores like that, but generally Australian peaters out at about fifty), I'm loving it- I wish there was a game every day though (come to think of it I think there might be one tonight...so a late night for me (I'm trying to find some exercises for the new sick people who've come in, maybe I can do it then because I can't find anything in the library).

Don't worry too much about the rules, they're bringing in a new bunch next season, so by the time you've got a grip of these ones you'll have to learn a new set! (even if it's not that hard).

Hooray, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the movies- I'll have to wait a long time I'm guessing.

Okay, now it's my turn to say I'll write a proper email next time round...my times up.

see you.

Gareth.





The weather is changing to spring and I can feel it in the air, all sticky with windows open. We would fight, words exchanged civilly and sometimes with anger, but in the end my heart and your maturity and determination kept us together. Think of days in the future where you will come visit, and I hope you stay. Until then I hope your mature enough to say money, make your way up here, and if not, then I'm not sure. But the new me is not worried. Keeping tabs on emails to find hidden emotion. Still love? Hope so. Know so. Looking forward to the Polaroid of your tattoo that should arrive one day as my gold key slides in the slot. Anyone around in case my hand touches nothing? No? Good. Hand slips in and hopefully graces your mail. Spending my days trying in vain to keep in contact with those at home, my love here, and up to date with the stress of my subjects. Day one, day two, day three, weekend can't come soon enough. Meeting more people slowly, seeing some old faces, and being greeted by once grumpy uni workers. I love how we still have so much to say and I hope it stays that way.